How do you impeach a president for increasing military aid?

Is that what fat Donnie’s being impeached for?.. Increasing military aid?

Is long as you release the funds before the whistleblower report becomes public you’re good, amirite?

A president can be impeached for anything the House wants to impeach him for.
The House is the sole judge of what is impeachable.

The Senate is the sole judge of whether he is convicted and removed from office, after being impeached by the House.

They don’t want to impeach him for what he did, they want to impeach him for rumors and what they imagine he would have done…but didn’t.

No of course not. He’s being impeached for an invented crime because they don’t have any real crime.

Here’s the deal. Tell me where I’m wrong. Today’s hearing was pretty dull. No real evidence of a crime. Not a single thing that hasn’t already been leaked. But we did get to hear a lot of assumptions and opinions. Tomorrow’s show will be even more boring. People will lose interest. If this lasts more than two or three days without anything new, people will fall asleep. Since the dems already know how they will vote, stop torturing the American people and vote already. :sleeping:

It’s not really rumors when you have the Presidents own chief of staff admitting to it, as well as the Ambassador who told the Ukrainians this was a quid pro quo situation.

Well we should have impeached Reagan for increasing military aid to Iran.

Taylor testified that the aid approved in 2018 was received in 2019 because it takes about a year for Ukraine to get the aid after it is released. Ukraine has already received the aid that they can expect in 2019. The approval of aid that Taylor said was delayed by the President and would cause deaths in Ukraine would not be expected to be received until 2020. If the aid is approved before the end of the approval period would it really make a difference whether it is earlier or later during the approval period?

He testified no such thing regarding this particular aid package.

Valiant spinning but not even loosely true.

Hmm…joined 24 minutes ago and posted the same thing twice in those 24 minutes…

We shall hear what Sondland says when he says it.
As far as impeaching him for withholding the money…Ukraine got it and the President of Ukraine said he didn’t feel pressured.

I’m not sure what you mean? He already said what he said.

This is a pretty poor defense. You don’t shrug off a bank robber because he didn’t successfully rob the bank. An attempt to do wrong, is still wrong, even if the attempt isn’t successful.

As for what the President of Ukraine said, he will say whatever to maintain friendly relations with the US.

Both witnesses were asked if Trump had committed an impeachable offense. Neither said yes.

So you just shrug off what the President of Ukraine said and call him a liar? That should be great for the country in internatonal affairs. Taylor was ticked off for having been left out of the loop. I don’t accuse him of being a liar without proof, but it sure could have affected how he interpreted all that second hand and third hand information he was getting.
Trump didn’t rob a bank. He delivered money to Ukraine and there is no basis other than wishful thinking to believe he was not gong to do so.

Why would they? It’s not their job to determine what is and isn’t impeachable. Only to give and testify to the events as they know it.

It sounded like an REO Speedwagon song.

“I Heard from a friend who, heard from a friend who, heard it from another it’s a quid pro quo.”:smile: