How do you have an impeachment trial without a judge?

That’s fine. As long as you are aware of my ability to read.

Leahy pledged to adhere to his “constitutional and sworn obligations to administer the trial with fairness.”
I’m sure he will be incredibly fair.
:grin:

Roberts will not preside over impeachment trial - SCOTUSblog

Read some law dude.

Sorry. I don’t take advice from liberals or fake conservatives. So there’s that.

The Chief Justice states he is not constitutionally obligated to preside over this impeachment as he is no longer president.

He seems to have a better handle on the constitution than you do.

1 Like

This is a mistake. Roberts has a history of hiding.

This is about not having Trump being able to run again, personally I don’t think he will run again he would be to old. The better way to not get a whacko elected is to not pass whacko policies, like a pathway to citizenship for 7 million who broke into the country illegally and at the same time try to erasing the word “Illegal” before immigration from the books.

Policies like this is what being people like Trump around. He is the monster Washington is Dr Frankenstein.

And therefore the entire impeachment is an UnConstitutional farce.

I m reminded of the movie Silverado…

Brian Dennehy, the corrupt bought and paid for sheriff…

Tells Danny Glover…one of the heroes of the story…

“We’re gonna give you a fair trial…

Followed by a first class hangin’”!

2 Likes

Apparently, according to most cons here, the president is above the law if he waits until his last few days or weeks in office to commit impeachable offenses.

1 Like

Not true.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://time.com/5123598/president-trump-impeach-criminal-constitution/%3Famp%3Dtrue&ved=2ahUKEwi97ZmpsLnuAhUa63MBHRzvCkUQFjAGegQIJRAB&usg=AOvVaw0nQDV5jnc9JckmDHxtmnOc&ampcf=1

"The President, Vice President and civil officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

— Article II, section 4, U.S. Constitution

“Judgment in cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office … but the party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to law.”

— Article I, section 9, U.S. Constitution

These passages explain that, despite all the political rhetoric emanating from the White House, the Capitol building and elements of the media, if the House impeached and the Senate convicted Donald Trump, the only result of that Congressional action would be his removal from the Presidency.

But what is equally important is what they don’t say. There is no language in the Constitution providing the President with any immunity from prosecution by the appropriate criminal authorities: he is subject to the ordinary criminal processes of “Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to law.” Furthermore, there is not one syllable directly putting the President beyond the reach of the criminal law even if Congress does not impeach. "

It’s political. That’s all impeachment is, you think it’s goofy. It’s political.

It’s a way of scoring policy points.

Allan

1 Like

Even in the unlikely event the Senate convicts, it would never go into civil court. Libs know they literally have no evidence. Civil courts are kinda picky about that. So are criminal lawyers. They don’t like going into court without evidence. They don’t take cases for political gain…

This whole sham, just like the first false impeachment just solidifies in the minds of decent people what absolute scum bags Lib politicians are.

This is going to backfire big time.

2 Likes

Just like it backfired during the 2020 election and trump was re-elected.

That will show people not to impeach a sitting president who wants to be re-elected.

It didn’t backfire then, that’s for sure.

Allan

1 Like

In either event, conviction or not by the senate, insurrection is a crime. Who thinks there is sufficient evidence to warrant a case being lodged against Trump in the courts for insurrection and the courts actually allowing the case to proceed?

The first false impeachment had literally zero effect on Trump supporters. We knew the first one was political and we know this one is more so. The one and only goal in this second kangaroo proceeding is a hope by Libs to block Trump from running in 2024. This lie will not get that done. Some other new lie will have to be found to get that done. Not saying Libs won’t find that lie, but Trump supporters are not going to desert Trump based on Lib lies…

Liz Cheney is my rebuttal.

Allan

Are you dyslexic? Did you mean to type “real butt”.

The first false impeachment had literally zero effect on Trump SUPPORTERS…

1 Like

It is also a big mess now.

Trump fiction will make him more popular than if you let him tweet nonsense for a couple years.

Trump is becoming the swamp slayer, yet he caved to the swamp after the virus arrived as President.

I thought this was a political process.