How do you have an impeachment trial without a judge?

You can’t make this up folks. The dems are so jacked up on getting revenge that they don’t believe the chief justice needs to preside as the constitution requires. They think that replacing him with a member of the prosecution will lead to a legal and fair trial. Yep. Pat Leahy, democratic senator from Vermont is going to be the “judge.” Good God these people are nuts.
:joy:

Roberts will not preside over impeachment trial - SCOTUSblog

Kangaroo court…

It’s not a court

@altair1013 Who would you choose to be the presiding judge?

Yes I know.,thus why I said Kangaroo court.

Can democrats read?

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution provides that the Chief Justice must preside over the proceedings. As set forth in the Constitution, “When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside…

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution provides that the Chief Justice of must preside over the proceedings. As set forth in the Constitution, “When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside…

Pretty good answer eh?
:sunglasses:

1 Like

But trump isn’t the President of the United States.

Since they don’t care about having evidence, in ANY of their witch hunts and smears against Conservatives, why do they care about having a proper judge?

1 Like

Then the thing is meaningless. The democratic party and only the democratic party thinks they can decide if the person they hate with a passion gets to ever run again? That’s how you define due process? It’s yet another stupid show that has no teeth to it. Idiotic stuff. This isn’t China. The judge doesn’t come from the prosecution team in America. Ever. You should be embarrassed.

3 Likes

And what will the defense be if 17 Republicans also agree?

What if a meteor hits the capital during the “trial?” Neither will happen. The whole thing is goofy.

Right, we should use another of the appropriate kangaroo collective nouns. I suggest mob. Or maybe a troop, but spelt troupe.

A male kangaroo is called a buck, boomer, or jack and a female is referred to as a doe, flyer, or jill. A group of kangaroos (usually ten or more roos) is known as a mob, troop, or court.

Then the trial cannot be legally binding. It’s another show trial.

No it’s not. Setting the precedent that Trump’s behavior leading up to the 6th are unbecoming the office of the presidency. Our elections are going to continue to be close. We need to draw this line for both parties.

This is a mistake.

2 Likes

The chief justice thinks it’s goofy. Not worth his time. And not a legal trial.

Roberts wasn’t there because it wasn’t a trial yet. I’m pretty sure he’ll be there when ■■■■ starts to happen.

The Dems just introduced the articles, it wasn’t the trial. Jeeze.

I was unaware of your ESP with Justice Roberts. We’ll have to wait and see what he does on Feb. 8th.

Wanna bet? Then why did the Dems just give the job to Leahy?
Hmmmm. :thinking:

1 Like