How Biden and AOC can lead the way on climate change

Planet of the Humans. Shows why renewable is more corrupt and worse than Fossil fuel. It’s produced by Michel Moore. Here’s a review by Skynews from Australia.

Well, there are going to be problems scaling it up and China darn near locking up the supply of lithium is one of them.

There’s more untapped sources of lithium in the United States than in any other country, and unlike many reservoirs of fossil fuels considered untapped, these untapped resources could be tapped at relatively low production costs…with current technology.

It just hasn’t been yet for obvious reasons.

Oh look…conservatives think Michael Moore is credible now.

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

My understanding is that we have 17% of the worlds reserve but that it is not in concentrated enough form to make getting it worthwhile.

from Beating China at the lithium game — can the US secure supplies to meet its renewables targets? | Utility Dive

As the importance of lithium-ion batteries grows for residential, commercial and military use, the criticality of establishing and expanding domestic sources of lithium is an important national security issue. However today, the U.S. contributes less than 2% of world supply of lithium even though it holds 17% of global lithium reserves. U.S. lithium production has historically been hampered by the relatively low concentration of lithium in U.S. brines, and lack of new technology available to economically extract it.

We do have the technology today to tap it.

And that article was very revealing…while Donald Trump was touting fossil fuels, China was swooping in to become a major player in the Lithium Triangle in South America.

Amazing.

PS I will say, however, that there’s not enough lithium, tapped or untapped, to power an EV world by itself.

i dont see anyone in here saying that

post with respect to reality pls

That’s the reality today.

Fossil fuels are propped up by the government in many ways, including with laws that have been on the books since the early 1900s.

No one ever complains about that.

do they drive up the price?

Some do.

Some keep it artificially low so as to discourage competition.

A true “free market believer” should not be in favor of that.

“some do”

then yes, you see people complaining about that

Ah, so you’re not a free market believer?

You’re OK with government interference if certain things are kept artificially cheap for you.

Got it.

China was working on that long before Trump was in office.

Name one.

nothing i posted supports any of this in the least

stop doing that

They have a faster depreciation schedule than other industries…dates back to a bill passed in the 1910s regarding depreciation of their wells (not the drilling equipment…the wells).

Coal still operates under taxation and other rules passed during the Korean War.

There’s two to start with.

from The Tax Break-Down: Accelerated Depreciation | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Doesn’t look that way to me. Left column is the one most companies use.

Should M Moore’s other productions be used to frame other discussions?

Chris Kenny a Murdoch hack with a decided lack of credibility.

One easy way they can lead is to exempt the weight of non-ICE power units on commercial vehicles. Give all the battery, flywheel, or hyrbid weight to trucks for free, just like APUs are supposed to be free.