How Biden and AOC can lead the way on climate change

I mean this is just so common sense. Why haven’t you Bidenists thought of it yet? You disappoint me. We do like to refer to our beloved politicians as “leaders.” Right? They are in the process of making fossil fuels more expensive and less accessible. Right? Well here’s how they can lead. First, refuse to take any Uber, Lift or government vehicle that is not electric. Then, no more air travel. 100 years ago, congress took the train when they traveled. So it can be done. Diesel /electric trains are highly efficient. Disconnect the A/C at the Whitehouse, the Capitol and all other federal buildings. Stop forcing the tax payer to fund your enormous carbon footprint. Abe Lincoln did not need A/C. So why does AOC? It’s time for congress to stop making demands and start making sacrifices. Who’s with me?

1 Like

The election of Biden has already resulted in political party’s changing its stance on climate change.

You completely missed my point. Should they lead by example and reduce their own carbon footprint? Try not to overthink this.

Can we think just a little bit? Are AOC and Biden calling for a transition to green energy? Don’t transitions take time?

Exactly how would representatives from Hawaii catch a train to Washington, DC?

mother harvard government makes the decisions now. ask them

follow the science

No. They do not. They can do the things that I mentioned right now. It takes no time to do this. Quit making excuses for them.

doesn’t restoring fair trade take time?

I would make exceptions where there is no other option. I would also let Biden keep Air Force One. Compromises can be made. What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right?

No airplanes? It’s clear you are trying to create a “gotcha” here so I think I will respectfully bow out of the discussion because, as usual, you don’t seem interested in good faith discussion.

1 Like

Do the representatives from Alaska get an exemption as well?

Congress would need to decide that.

Compromises can be made. What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right?

What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right?

Biden returning to the Paris accord showed the world that the USA has changed its stances from that under the Trump administration and now recognise the need for a plan and commitment. A move away from fossil fuels and a move to renewables is needed.

There is a worldwide trend towards electric cars.

This is my third attempt. I respectfully ask you to stop dodging. My question is very simple.

What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right?

What governments need to do is to provide the environment for action on climate change to flourish. As I have pointed out there is a worldwide trend toward electric vehicles. With respect to airconditioning, I have assumed that it is a tactic that does not require a response.

It does require a response. It’s a simple opinion.

This is my fourth attempt. I respectfully ask you to stop dodging. My question is very simple.

You complain about society yet are a part of society… very interesting.

1 Like

He won’t come out of the basement! He should stay in the basement!

It’s a dumb way to frame it. Solutions are in collective action, not symbolic gestures.

It’s cooler in the basement. He can turn off his taxpayer funded A/C
:grin: