How Biden and AOC can lead the way on climate change

Trump wasn’t criticized for not getting instantaneous results.

He was criticized because his approach to achieve his ultimate goal was highly flawed.

You don’t believe in climate change, and you wouldn’t believe in it no matter what “symbolic gestures” were proffered.

So why are you pretending you’re actually interested in the responses of people who believe differently than you?

They’re telling you they don’t need symbolic gestures, and they’re telling you why they don’t need them.

They’ve ANSWERED your question

And here you are, as always, telling them their answers are invalid because the conversation isn’t going the way you want it to.

In what way does that foster discussion?

1 Like

Maybe that’s why Biden signed the EO to replace the government’s fleet of 65,000 cars with electric vehicles

2 Likes

i didnt say thats why he was criticized.

he was criticized because there was some initial pain for farmers who were helped and of course the propaganda hard left media and idealess democrats went nuts

are people who lose their jobs to restore trace amounts of co2 to even tracier amounts of co2 going to be helped likewise?

I don’t bother with the “believe/don’t believe” anymore, it’s not the Easter Bunny. “Do you understand it” is better framing.

And yes, it’s just Republicans employing their Rules For Radicals tactics.

1 Like

who pays for that?

That was part of the criticism.

The other part was that the approach was flawed…mainly because China plays a long game.

which trump knew

No…he didn’t.

mmkyay

China is going to play your president like a fiddle.

Wow! that’s a lot of questions! I only have one. Answer mine first please.

What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right?

If the world doesn’t look like Mad Max: Fury Road then climate change ain’t happening, man!

The best thing J’Biden and Sandy Cortez could do for “climate change” would be for both to resign.

It’s a gradual transition.

Since we’re playing dodgeball. I’ll keep throwin and you keep dodgin.

What sacrifices would you like to see congress make for climate change? The A/C thing and the electric car thing is a no brainer. Right? Man!

Apparently not. It’s not very gradual when you’re killing off energy sector jobs right now. We don’t have time for gradual. We need to replace those lost energy sources today. Ask a pipeline worker about the “gradual” transition. His transition was pretty freaking abrupt.

We are

Really? My cars don’t run on unicorn farts. Why are they attacking gasoline before they have something else to put in my tank?

1 Like

This isn’t true. Higher oil prices are good for the industry. Rig counts in the US are picking up and Americans are going back after Trump killed so many oil and gas jobs, drilling that sweet sweet American SUV juice.