How are you impacted?

I’m able to “work” from home. I put that in quotes because I’ve recently had some health problems come up unrelated to the virus. Let’s just say I need to be at the cardiologist yesterday.

I had an appointment for the 25th. They just called me today and said they’re going to have to delay it a month. I’m currently having to do 3 breathing treatments a day just to survive. This is not good.

1 Like

Except for permanent lung damage…

Prayers for you. I understand my wife has had 5 years of health problems and needs some help and…we re probably months away.

1 Like

Bob Tallman?

I feel ya there. Fortunately for me my main sports season was at its last event before all the cancellations started so I only missed out on $800. But for all the spring sports, those guys working those events will miss out on thousands and thousands of dollars.

Nope…he’s a good friend

Prayers for your wife. I hope something can happen that will speed up the process.

Sounds serious. Hope things go well.

I haven’t heard you that I know of. As far as I’m concerned he’s the best. With all respect.

No disagreement here. That man is a legend!

1 Like

How are you impacted?

Me? I’m flying in my taxi…takin tips…and gettin stoned. :sunglasses:

That’s the truth. Look at the stats. Nothing to do with politics… Even in italy…geez!

Lol sure.

1 Like

I’m retired, so the job problem doesn’t exist.
Stocks a disaster of course. Not buying or selling now. Around June I may start buying.
Since I always stay approximately half stocks and half bonds (treasuries, savings, bond funds) there is some mitigation to the losses. No real economic risk…just had rather have more than less. Pension is not affected.

Schools are closed so I will be home schooling. Restaurants are closed except for take outs. Target, Walmarts, Sams are near here…but forget toilet paper for now.

Overall, I guess economically I’m a lot more secure than a lot of people. Due to age and diabetes I would seem to be more at risk if I do get it. At least I have already had flu this year, so I shouldn’t get the double whammy of both at once.

If there is any silver lining at all, real estate prices in general and housing prices in particular should massively crater. Won’t be good for the poor bastards that will go massively underwater. But it will be beneficial to the public as a whole.

1 Like

You think having the flu will mitigate you getting the Coronavirus?

:thinking:

No. I think having the flu and having the coronavirus at the same time would be bad. Since I have had the flu the chance of that happening should be small (though likely small to begin with)

1 Like

If a person has both at the same time, God obviously doesnt like them.

I live in LA county… 40 or so miles outside of Downtown LA.

I work for a Cybersecurity company and my wife works for a major defense contractor.

I am able to work from home, because my company is mostly remote anyway. My kids are out, probably for the remainder of the school year. So I have them with me while I work.

My wife is just collecting Coronavirus at work… given the nature of her work, she can’t work from home. She sits in a highly secure box with recirculated air. Her program is mission critical so… she is stuck.

Grocery stores around here look post apocalyptic. It’s weird the things that are out of stock… No Milk (how much milk can you hoard, it expires), no eggs, no TP or Paper towels. No can goods… no flour or sugar…

Plenty of alcohol :joy:

Neither my wife or I are in jeopardy of losing our jobs. But it’s definitely a lifestyle change.

Well sir I have to say I am rather dumbfounded by your graveyard whistling.