How are we gonna slow down the gigantic increase of our debt?

Well, that was uncalled for…

No, it’s the truth.

I’ve sent it before to my reporesentative and senator

Did for local office. My current job I can’t run for any partisan office.

Not in my lifetime (or probably my kids better add that 'cause I’m getting old)

And you were worried about spending in critical times. So I gave you my proposed solution. If you want I can type out my entire proposed amendment (the basics anyway) since I havn’t posted it on this board :smiley:

The biggest problem with your “plan” is that it isn’t a plan. It’s an order for other people to figure out something.

In other words, not very useful.

They won’t. At least most of them won’t hold Trump accountable.

Democratic president with GOP Congress. Democratic presidents gave presided over larger deficit reductions and less spending growth throughout history. Obama inherited a $1.3trillion deficit and left office around $450bil I think. Trumps already doubled the deficit. Clinton left with surplus

You sent it to your reps and what did they do with it?

Local office - pfft.

You need to run for a much higher office to get your proposed amendment off the ground,

But seriously, good for you running for any office. I take it you lost though. Do you know why you lost?

We keep making this same dumb mistake.

Indeed.

2 Likes

1 Like

Never herd a peep back from them.

I don’t have name recognition, nor money to run for a higher office. Running for house or senate would be a futile experience.

Or talk up a balanced budget amendment to my political representatives and anyone who will listen as often as possible

I lost for the most part because of name recognition. The one’s that beat me are business owners, who’s family’s have lived in the valley for generations. Guy who got the highest vote tally didn’t spend a dime on the election (compared to my $1,000). Name recognition is a hard thing to overcome

Not what I’m talking about. It was rude and insulting.

We have a military that can kick anyone’s ass 20 times over. So we reduce a bit of military spending and where does that get us? Simple, we can kick anyone’s ass 18 times over.

1 Like

Yes, it is tough to overcome the name recognition thing. But a lot of D candidates are being very successful this year w/o name recognition to start. Especially in the VA legislative races last November.

You need the right message, of course.

No it wasn’t. It’s the truth.

It won’t stop until the house of cards collapses. When it does, it will make the Great Depression look like picnic.

Cut taxes?

i guess the real question is how do we stop the Republicans/Trump from accelerating the deficit/debt.

Elect real Republicans and a businessman to run things. Hey, if I gotsta balance my budget at home!

We aren’t and no matter what assertation from any member of this site dem or republican, its nothing but lip service. When their side in in power its nothing but whataboutisms and means to an end to advance their own agenda. We’ve played this game many times over and the ■■■■■■■■ excuses will come no matter who is in power.