House votes to condemn Trump...only 60 votes against the resolution

It’s a coup from the left.:wink:

Yeah…thats what it is…

If you say so.

Russia is not our enemy. Trump sided with Putin over US.

Could have stopped here.

I see nothing that condemns President Trump or the withdrawal of US troops.

For reference here is the text of the actual resolution:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-joint-resolution/77/text

Here in an excerpt of the actual points in the resolution.

Congress

(1) opposes the decision to end certain United States efforts to prevent Turkish military operations against Syrian Kurdish forces in Northeast Syria;

(2) calls on Turkish President Erdogan to immediately cease unilateral military action in Northeast Syria and to respect existing agreements relating to Syria;

(3) calls on the United States to continue supporting Syrian Kurdish communities through humanitarian support, including to those displaced or otherwise affected by ongoing violence in Syria;

(4) calls on the United States to work to ensure that the Turkish military acts with restraint and respects existing agreements relating to Syria; and

(5) calls on the White House to present a clear and specific plan for the enduring defeat of ISIS.

The congressional mandate for troops in Syria is based on fighting ISIS, but Trump’s actions have been defeated them:

While many of the battles were fought under Obama, Trump pursued the enemy relentlessly. He delegated decision-making to commanders in the field, they fought within the laws of war, and they prevailed. Trump promised to defeat ISIS, and he has delivered a tremendous victory.

If Trump decided to continue to keep US troops in Syria, he would logically need new congressional authorization.

1 Like

If the D’s and RINO’s want to go to war…Vote for it. Period.

Bill, you may be right…but this clearly is not great news for the president.

The opposite of support is condemnation is it not. The resolution clearly does not support Trump or Erdogan or their actions…and only 60 Republicans did not support it. So while it does not use the word condemn…it is clearly condemnation of those actions…by definition of the word, by the House of Representatives.

I don’t care what Graham has said, all I know is MY POS CONGRESSMAN WAS ONE OF THE 60.

He’s got blood on his hands.

1 Like

Are you sure it isn’t you that hasn’t been paying attention?

2 Likes

Typical…stay on message no matter what’s being discussed. It’s getting old. Don’t know how it’s not trolling…but it’s not my call…

1 Like

I might be a lone voice but I am happy for the first time in a long time a Republican President isn’t taking us into more wars. It wasn’t that long ago people were talking about a war with NK and Iran.

It could be worse instead of pulling out of endless wars he was taking us into new ones. That’s a big feat from the party that brought us the 1 Trillion dollar Iraq war.

2 Likes

Of course you are correct. The resolution didn’t condemn anything or anyone. It opposed the decision to withdraw troops. The media piece decided to beef it up by saying it “condemned” Trumps action. Not being critical enough, the thread author decided to beef it up even further and telling us that the House voted to condemn Trump.
Laughable, really.

Their support of this clown should be tattooed on their foreheads as a permanent reminder to anyone they encounter.

3 Likes

He will lose them again. All these cowards have peek-a-boo testicles.

3 Likes

666 in comic sans

1 Like

Perfect descriptor of GOP politicians whenever Donald reaches for his phone to tweet. :rofl:

1 Like

It apparently needs to be written like a Trump letter for the message to get across, I see.

That explains much.

Also the big one, investigating the investigators

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/mcconnell-drops-a-surprise-on-trump-calls-for-an-even-stronger-resolution-to-rebuke-him/