House Moves to Terminate National Emergency

I missed the 80% part of your question and went back and looked. Chris misspoke I do believe.

The fact check was using DEA stats, “…90 percent of heroin seizures occurred at legal ports of entry in the first 11 months and 80 percent of fentanyl in the first 10 months.”

It does say that 80% of fentanyl SEIZED. Nothing about other drugs or the ones that got through.

But I still stand by my opinion that the DEA knows what they know like you know what you know, and that a majority of drugs come through the ports.

Yes, but how do they know? How do they measure it?

I think they use math and stuff with numbers and what not.

Ok, but where do they get the numbers?

Probably from the people that are catching the bad hombres with drugs.

So a more accurate statement would be “80% of what we find is at points of entry.”

I can believe that. Wonder why that would be?

I’m not a soldier. I don’t know how you know which trail to take, which to avoid.

But the numbers can’t be “hard” numbers 'cuz you don’t know what you don’t know and I suppose they try to fill the blanks with their best guess.

In the jungle, you never take any trail.

I would be surprised if 80% of what they find wasn’t at a POE. Going out into the bush is really hard work.

That means 20% of the Fentanyl they find is between points of entry.

That number says nothing about what they don’t find.

Because it’s impossible to make it worthwhile by only having people literally carry it in?

Why carry tiny amounts in individually when it can just be driven in?

Agreed.

I used to think some of the things the Colombians did to move coke were impossible. I was wrong.

Drugs like heroin and fentanyl have a very high value-to-volume ratio.

You can smuggle $1,000,000 worth of fentanyl in a small suitcase. It have no noticable odor. It can easily get through a POE.

Having a guy drive a car from Tijuana to San Diego with a million dollars worth of dope, drop his cargo, then turn around and drive back and do it again is a lot more cost effective than sending that same amount of dope with a mule, taking 2-3 days and being exposed to ICE patrols the whole time.

Hundreds of thousands of cars pass across the border at each POE everyday - it’s easy to hide in a crowd.

Everyone caught walking the desert is automatically suspect.

2 Likes

You’re contradicting yourself.

Only if they get seen and contacted.

That’s like saying an executive order is an executive order or a bill is a bill without comparing the substance.

Glad we could agree.

There is no situation in Yemen or involving 7 Venezuelans which causes a national emergency for this country.

The president has a great amount of leeway to issue a national emergency. He has much less leeway on what actions he can bring about when invoking a national emergency. Using funds in a manner in which they have not been appropriated doesn’t count.

We’ll see.

Your finger broke?

Not true