Holy Smokes! Today's Employment report from bls.gov: TWO-THIRDS of US jobs created this year went to persons born abroad

Probably right. Dems in power employment report bad.

1 Like

You completely misread what the brochure you cited says. This is despite the fact that it’s in the quote you cite.

You see where it says after…. An Asylee is an assigned status not a claimed status.

Like i said you should stop.

1 Like

Fact 1: H1-B (Engineer and doctor) visas per year: 65,000
Fact 2: BPOS “encounters” with illegal migrants at the southern border YTD: 2,556,164
Fact 3: New US jobs that went to foreign born persons (ttm) 1.74 million.

Me: "That’s too many we should control the border and change the policies that rubber stamp their ability to enter here & work here

Lib response?
“You’re racist who hates immigrants. What are you some kind of birther/nativist? You hate me! You hate my children!! They are all here legally. Why don’t you blame the employers?”
When the discussion sticks to the fact that the vast majority of the 1.74 million are NOT here on H-1 visas and are illegal immigrants the discussion can be productive. Until then it is just libs moving the goal posts and making accusations.

1 Like

The drama. :joy:

I haven’t called you a single name. Btw.

You are ignoring prior year increases. And concentrating on one. Why? Dems in power.

2 Likes

Mmmmm

No I posted this year’s and focused on this years because that is news.

The prior president (whom I don’t like btw) also felt thsiwas a problem and tried quitepubicly to close the border and build a wall.
(You recall the wall thing, don’t you?)

D’s, especially mayors, all across the country also feel the southern border is a problem although their solution is more about politicizing it into some sort of NIMBYism or “We need to give them welfare! Send me money so I can give them welfare!” etc…

My main point, and I was hoping that the thread would be adult enough that we could eventually get there, is that the Southern border and our policies having a very very serious detrimental effect on the economy, jobs and wages across the entire economy.,

Wages not rising with inflation? Guess why.
Lowest quintile growing so quickly that (statistically) "the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer? Guess why.
Etc.

2 Likes

You’re Russian, right?

1 Like

Yep i am

Ah, a Russian-American. :wink:

2 Likes

And as I have explained to you over and over again that line item in the bls report remains the silliest way to complain about illegal immigration.

I know the desire to insult is strong. I get it.

But it remains true that you have concentrated on a number without comparing to past numbers when allegedly the border was more secure than now.

And then you went on to make up things to explain why the number is so high based on your complete misunderstanding of how asylees can work in the United States or even how the status is assigned.

But keep on trucking.

1 Like

I was using asylum-seekers merely as an example I thought you got that.

My “insults” were intended to ridicule those who pretend
that the 1.74 million new foreign hires somehow came from the 65,000 H-1 visa workers and not the 2,556,164 illegals caught crossing the border YtD.

It is an idiotic argument.
Feigning stupidity (like pretending to think the huge increase in foreign-born persons working here means something other than the tidal wave of criminal migrants at the southern border)
is not grown-up discussion it is feigned stupidity and it is offensive.
I merely responded as offended people often do.

Naturalized citizens are foreign born. As are green card holders.

It has to be intentional at this point. Talk about pretending.

Nobody is denying that asylees with work permits are part of that number.

You have zero clue as to what portion.

The absolutely best part of this thread is that “they are coming here for the freebies and to be leeches” completely destroyed. If you are right of course.

1 Like

I have a pretty good clue.
Personal experience, keeping informed with the news and the hard numbers

This year, 1.74 million more US jobs are filled by persons born abroad than were filled by such persons last year.

• 65,000 h-1 visa per year does not fill 1.74 million jobs filled by persons born abroad/. ← You know this and pretend you don’t.
  • 2,556,164 illegals caught crossing the border YtD does fill 1.74 million jobs filled by persons born abroad. ← You know this and pretend you don’t.

You know these things in your heart and mind and don’t even need to see the numbers again.

Pretending you need to see those number or pretending those numbers don’t matter is un-adult of you (like that meme where the bird is dumping food on the ground and says “no I’m not.”

So it is intentional. You are purposefully ignoring who makes up that number other than asylees. Astonishing.
Step 1 take numbers
Step 2 assume things
Step 3 be assured in your assumptions

Me: What were the number increases in prior years when the border was more secure?

You: only todays numbers are important because they are news

So no need to compare just assume!

Okie. Like i said

2 Likes

You can’t hire illegals. If companies are, they should be punished.

3 Likes

That true, sorta.

Any croom who walks across the border illegally is given working permission and s free cell phone as soon as he finds a birder agent and dclares “I want asylum.”

If granted asylum (rare) the work-eligibilty made permanent.

Any look at the numbers shows that is where the jobs are going and, (supply and demand says) that is why wages don’t keep pace with inflation.

Right on! Let 'em starve! :fist:t5:

Foreign born includes naturalized citizens, not just H-1 applicants.

Read the definition.

And illegals AREN’T COUNTED so they wouldn’t be part of these statistics

You know this…the only one playing dumb is you.

No they are not given permission to work as soon as they come across the border and say they want asylum.

This is false and you know it.

2 Likes

Read the definition . . . okay

Hmm did you write “aren’t counted?”
Did you write it in caps?

Anyway it seems they are counted and that 65,000 legal immigrant doctors and scientists did NOT fill 1.74 million newly created American jobs. (I thought that was common sense.)

With over 2.6 million “interactions” between BPS and illegal criminal migrants on the southern border just in the first 8 months of this year, there is a pretty good chance the explanation is there.

We can address that
or we can once again change the topic to
the status of bogus asylum-seekers
or my feelings bout Trump or whatever the next distraction is gonna be.

But when the distractions are over, there appears to be no rational way of denying that our southern order problems are having a very pronounced and identifiable impact on wages not keeping pace with inflation.

1 Like