Historic cold snap for texas

we need to rake the snow (plow and salt) to prevent accidents.

Allan

So far 23 people have died in Texas. That’s the green death toll. It’s more than bad cops killed last year, so start the riots…

2 Likes

Wow… never let a crisis go to waste.

Fail.

What they do in Finland is rake up debris AFTER trees have been harvested and then the debris is chipped. In the US, debris from clearcuts (“slash”) is gathered and piled and then burned, not chipped.

Nobody goes out and “takes the forests” with anything while they’re standing. That’s what Trump the super confident dummy was trying to say.

and they will blame freezing wind turbine. :rofl:

Someone need to mention that wind turbine don’t freeze in Iowa, Indiana, Denmark and many other cold places.

1 Like

after reading this, i realize the only thing trump is right about. if he shoots someone on the street, people will still support him.

1 Like

Free market death toll.

1 Like

It’s your own fault that you are freezing.

Don’t expect any handouts from govt

Allan

It’s interesting to watch my very conservative neighbors go from “free market is always right” to sounding like AOC when they’re out of power for a couple of days and it’s coming out how badly mismanaged ERCOT is and why Texas can’t buy power from other areas.

This will take years to untangle. As always, conservatives are married to their ideology until it personally affects them. Then they start talking like Bernie.

1 Like

They can. It’s just that the power is so expensive right now.

Free markets are great when resources are plentiful

Free markets aren’t so great when there is a scarcity.

Allan

1 Like

10" of snow on the ground and it’s too warm to wear a shirt inside. lol

No, they literally can’t, not in any meaningful way. TX is buying some power from Mexico but Texas is its own grid and not connected to any other power grids to where it can get power from other areas at any price.

we’re going to pretend “rake” and “ plow” are interchangeable now huh?

lol. good lord.

1 Like

please show where trump made this distinction clear

then we’ll see about “fail”

umkay very good

Show where any place on the planet removes debris from a standing forest.

Try sooo hard to not make Trump a dumny and it’s not working lol.

i dont “make” anything

when you make a claim you need to back it up.

i’ll give you another chance

Here is the price map.

http://www.ercot.com/content/cdr/contours/rtmLmp.html

Allan

Here are the market rules and my asterisk

“Balanced market rules are a basic element in Texas competition. Clear, predictable and well-designed rules help foster a stable electricity market.”——*

• except when abnormal temps occur than you are ■■■■ out of luck

Allan

Ok. Trump said we should do like in Finland. We already do that, clean up debris after harvesting. The only difference being Finland chips theirs and we burn ours.

So what was Smokey The Trump, forester extraordinaire on about?

It was another “inject disinfectant” moment from a guy who literally knows nothing about anything of import.

2 Likes