Higher Food Prices Hit the Poor and Those Who Help Them

the economy was never as good as it was under trump before covid

woops. your narrative dead

3 Likes

First 2 posts talking about dire economic situations link to NYT and CNN. Can we please stop talking about how the ā€œmainstreamā€ covers up for Biden?

When did the trade war with China start again? Whoops. Narrative destroyed. :roll_eyes:

Fortunately the additional $1,000 to $1,600 per child additional Child Tax Credit implemented in the American Rescue Plan (no thanks to the Republicans, who voted against it) will more than offset these increases.

#ThankYouBrandon

Emphasis mineā€¦

Canā€™t just hand wave away his poor handling of covid.

1 Like

Will it? They are predicting near 50% increases in heating bills for some methods of heating alone. What did you pay to heat your home last year?

1 Like

We were heading into a recession before covid. Covid was just the final nail in the coffin.

1 Like

My electricity has gone up almost every year for the last 15 years. So cal Edison is a private company. Through 3 adminsā€¦ and the prices have never gone down.

Now we are going to pretend this is normal? Hilarious.

4 Likes

Just wait until millions begin literally starving thanks to elevated energy costs.

The world is facing the prospect of a dramatic shortfall in food production as rising energy prices cascade through global agriculture, the CEO of Norwegian fertilizer giant Yara International says.

ā€œI want to say this loud and clear right now, that we risk a very low crop in the next harvest,ā€ said Svein Tore Holsether, the CEO and president of the Oslo-based company. ā€œIā€™m afraid weā€™re going to have a food crisis.ā€

Speaking to Fortune on the sidelines of the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow, Holsether said that the sharp rise in energy prices this summer and autumn had already resulted in fertilizer prices roughly tripling.

In Europe, the natural-gas benchmark hit an all-time high in September, with the price more than tripling from June to October alone. Yara is a major producer of ammonia, a key ingredient in synthetic fertilizer, which increases crop yields. The process of creating ammonia currently relies on hydropower or natural gas.

ā€œTo produce a ton of ammonia last summer was $110,ā€ said Holsether. ā€œAnd now itā€™s $1,000. So itā€™s just incredible.ā€

The Biden is an idiot memes wonā€™t be so funny.

Thatā€™s the ticket. Throw more ā€œfreeā€ money from the taxpayers at the issue.

ok!

good thing i didnt do that

I am not a good example of heating cost. I live in CA and my total natural gas bill (I have gas heating, stove, and water heater) was $700 last year.

Way to cause a global price increase in energy costs, Biden!

1 Like

Day oneā€¦day ONE.

Government offering handouts have caused these bubbles and we all know what happens when these propped up economic bubbles burst. Doesnā€™t look too good.

3 Likes

Yes ā€¦ You should have seen all the small business wiped out in Cal. And Gas is hitting 5$ a Gal.

Re-post this in about 60 days when $1,600.00 ran out with the heating fuel tank. LOL
Feeding a family and keeping them warm this winter wonā€™t be thanks to Jā€™Bidenā€™s ā€œChild Tax Creditā€

Remember when Democrats were the party of doom and gloom? Good times.

Well , dumbass in cheef ainā€™t done wrecking the economy yet!

3 Likes