Higher Food Prices Hit the Poor and Those Who Help Them

They still are … Even after 50 years of failed climate predictions they still believe the “end is near”.

It was all suppose to be over " By the year 2000" when I was a kid… Global cooling and the population Bomb.

3 Likes

Time to buy an EV I guess.

Population will cap out before it hits 15 billion. The only way there wouldn’t be enough food on this planet is if it was on purpose.

3 Likes

Like now.

1 Like

EV run off of Coal and Lithium mining causes massive strip mines in China. There is nothing green about them. You lose efficiency in the battery and transmission lines also. Then the batteries gets even less efficient over time. Just like your phone. I bet most people will buy another EV rather than replace expensive batteries when they go bad, so EV’s won’t last near as long as a regular car.

3 Likes

Da comrade. Because the middle class can stroll on out and take on a debt to buy one.
What will an EV do to help Americans afford the likely doubling of heating oil and propane this winter?

When did we suddenly start caring about China?

"strip mines in China. "

You bet? Well, you’ve certainly got a stellar track record with that.

I live here. Lots of small businesses around me still alive. Seems like they took advantage of PPP and CA specific programs.

“Gaming the system!”

Will peak around ten or eleven actually, don’t trust the UN numbers.

1 Like

I’m being very generous with my number. The more a nation develops, the less children they’ll have.

1 Like

If you want real numbers, these guys did a good job.

https://www.amazon.com/Empty-Planet-Global-Population-Decline/dp/1984823213

Last human on the planet, don’t forget to turn off the lights ok?

1 Like

What a stupid post.

1 Like

If you needed any other proof that the Democratic Party actually despises the American public, deliberately increasing energy prices during a period of rising inflation is solid evidence. There’s a reason why they’ve expanded the usage of the phrase “Domestic Terrorist” to anybody that disagrees with progressive orthodoxy.

3 Likes

Economies experience and flow due to many many different factors the overwhelming majority of which a president has no control over.

It isn’t too hard to see why energy is so expensive. US oil production peaked at just over 400 million barrels a month in Dec 2019 (Pre COVID). By May 2020, with the lock down in place it fell to about 300 million barrels a month. In February, right after Biden took office and took steps against us production, output fell to 273 million barrels a month. As of Aug this year US production is about 350 million barrels. Equipment had to be relocated from federal leases revoked earlier in the year, as new exploration and production was no longer allowed.

We are still 30-50 million barrels a month below peak. OPEC has no vested interest in the short run to take any steps to reduce the price of crude. They like making more money and expanding market share at our expense.

US Energy Information Agency Graph of US Crude Oil Production by month

1 Like

Good information there. Thanks!

Good job, libs. Now everyone actually has a valid reason to put up their trees early. :clap:

2 Likes

Good news is the turkey I always get isn’t going up much, but it’s a free range from a local farmer. It always costs me around eighty for a 20 pound bird, 4.79 a pound this year. Democrats always crush the poor and leave the wealthy unscathed.

2 Likes

Lower your freakin’ expectations

2 Likes