Hey Gun Banners - Let's Talk AR Platform šŸ˜‰

Or had an abortion can comment on abortions (that should eliminate a considerable number of posts on this forum using this logic). Only rangas are allowed to comment on the pros and cons of red hair.

I was laughing at your silly proclamation, not agreeing with it

ARs give pop to the little ā€œtacticoolā€ outfits that gun nuts wear when they play dress up with each other.

Mine only goes ā€œpew pew pewā€ when I flip it to fully semi automatic mode. Itā€™s also high caliber in full semi auto.

2 Likes

Only climate scientists would be allowed to comment on climate change.

There wasnā€™t any proclamation. For a group of people so dependent on argumentum ad populum from polls, you libs sure donā€™t like to vote in them.

The polls must be skewed. :wink:

1 Like

And personally, I have no problem with the AR platform. It is keeping it and all other weapons out of the hands of the the psycho who plans a killing spree. It is the psychosis of murder that is the problem in this country. I own my own rifles and handgun, I have never once killed anything or anyone. And my guns on their own have not ever just walked out of my house and killed anything or anyone on their own.

We need a legislation that is common senseā€¦which is an oxymoron in Washington. Our leadership does nothing with common senseā€¦R or D. But when it comes down to it. There needs to be legislation that keeps the guns out of the the hands of the nutjob, while not infringing on my right to own my own guns. This is where the conversation needs to start. We get no where calling each other names, we get no where telling each other you are wrong and I am right. I am a marksman so your opinions donā€™t matter. These brag posts, about, I am this or I am that, get us no where.

What is a starting point that we all could agree upon. I have tried to put out common ideas out there in the pastā€¦where legislation could indeed protect us, while protecting our rightsā€¦each and every timeā€¦probably over the past 5 or 6 years that I have tried to make this argument, the 2nd Amendment or bust crowd shuts me down as a Gun Taker. And the Gun Ban crowd views me as a gun nut.

I am neitherā€¦and it is up to legislators like meā€¦who start in the middle to come up with a solution to this issue. How that happens, I have no idea. But I wonā€™t continue in these posts unless there is at least a simple willingness to compromiseā€¦ just a fraction.

Is there room for that?

2 Likes

Where?

Any of yā€™all ever had your lives saved by a piece of legislation? No? Didnā€™t think so either. lol

1 Like

Maybe because it is a worthless poll that means absolutely nothing

It doesnā€™t. There is no middle. Banning anything is not middle.

Then move along.

Yeah but itā€™s impressive.

OK, it really isnā€™tā€¦in the slightest

:rofl::joy:

So for all you upstanding citizens who advocate maintaining the ban on heroin usage, what experience do you have with the platform?

1 Like

You donā€™t want to talk about the 2nd Amendment being about slavery? Hereā€™s your chance.

Dudeā€¦you know it happensā€¦it is said over and overā€¦Hell the poll at the OP smacks of it. What is your(collective) knowledge? Post that knowledge here. That OP poll isnā€™t fooling anyone. If I put (which I did) I have a friend who has oneā€¦That makes me less credible of a commentator on this subject than youā€¦who carried one for a livingā€¦If I said I have no experienceā€¦What am I doing here.

Never mind I have grown up with guns all my life. My Uncle who was an FBI agent taught all of usā€¦me and my cousinā€™s to shoot, and about gun safety, and range safety, since I was about 10. My friend who I used to shoot ARs with regularly also was a highly trained marksmanā€¦and we used to shoot regularly until his flight schedule took him out of town too often on the weekendsā€¦

But you see my pointā€¦the poll could appear to be a silly call outā€¦so you guys with your military experience could discount anyone elseā€™s opinion. Sure, I have no where near the experience you doā€¦but I believe in your and my rights to own any firearm we want to.

I donā€™t see the need for me to own an ARā€¦but I donā€™t covet your right to own one.

In answer to your question of where. Over the years here, I have seen the same argument over and overā€¦I am a professional, I teach gun safety, I am the NRAā€¦and everyone elseā€™s opinion doesnā€™t matterā€¦and NO i wonā€™t go look for a link. You and others know what has been said. Being an expert doesnā€™t make you right or wrong on an issueā€¦

1 Like

Did I say anything in my post about banning anything. I did mention not allowing sales to the wrong peopleā€¦but is that banning it? NO.

You read what you want to read into postsā€¦as do a lot of people I imagineā€¦but I never once said anything about banning.

What would you like to know?

1 Like