Hey Democrats, Fighting Fair Is for Suckers

I’m pretty sure someone (@adroit perhaps?) has detailed out for you the hostages that were released from NK during the Obama administration. And he did not have to concede one of the largest bargaining chips we held (a face-to-face between heads of state) in order to achieve this.

Are you just incapable of reading what I’ve posted? I have not in any way portrayed this North Korea negotiations with pie in the sky optimism. I have very plainly related my doubts and concerns of the positive outcome of these negotiations. I’m just not rooting for failure and mocking anyone not like-minded to the same, like all you Trump-haters seems to be doing.

So just stop with your immature piling on with all the other peanut gallery simpletons, that plague so many of these discussions.

What large bargaining chip was that, canceling a Team Spirit military exercise?

It was typed clearly in my post. Three generations of Kim’s have been begging to sit down with the POTUS, as a means to legitimize them and their regime on the global stage. By deciding to do just this, without SIGNIFICANT verifiable concessions being made by Kim Jong Un, our current President does just that. And this bargaining chip no longer exists. Poof…into thin air it goes. That is a loss for America and a win for North Korea.

So if a meeting with Kim to conduct peace negotiations, was what it might take to get peace, then you’d rather not do it, and risk nuclear war with them?

You’re missing the point. Of course I want to see peace. And of course I believe it needs to come from diplomatic ends. But the face-to-face meeting between the two heads of state comes at the END of the negotiations, after there has been verifiable concessions and actions already taken, that can be well proven. The reason it comes at the end, is because it is something that North Korean leaders have sought for literally decades. They have sought it for decades, because it gives them legitimacy on the global stage. It also gives them propaganda that they can use to further solidify their reign over their people.

Also, it comes at the end, because if it fails when done at the beginning, and the Norks renege on their alleged agreements, then it makes the superior negotiating party, the US here, look weak and incapable. It removes our ability to convince the rest of the world to follow us in extreme pressure via sanctions. It lessens other nation’s resolve to not trade with NK. The blame for the failure in diplomacy can be shared between the two nation’s, as opposed to solely being laid at the feet of NK. All of which is what is exactly happening right now, as we speak.

And all of which was warned ahead of time, when Trump erratically made the decision to hold this summit. We are now in a substantially weaker position with NK, and have less support from nation’s key to the region that are necessary to have in order to prevent possible war. What Trump did was not take a shot at peace. What he did was hasten the chances of war. It was a terrible move, and every single foreign policy expert worth their salt that deals with NK or Asia is in agreement over this.

So tell me, how has this worked out for us in the past?

We played nice, built them nuclear reactors, provided them billions in free fuel, we turned the other cheek, we tried sanctions, we tried lecturing them, we have tried it all… and here we were in January 2017 with nuclear tipped missiles most likely pointed at our Pacific allies, and possibly even at the USA.

So when a NoK nuke does detonate in Japan, we can hold our heads high and proclaim, damn glad we did not try a face-face negotiation.

Boy did I call it didn’t I libs?

This impeachment and saying we cannot allow the people to make that decision.

No you didn’t.

And the latter part is not reality. I know you believe it is real and true. But we don’t have to indulge your fantastical conspiracy. Feel free to continue to believe it though. It’s revealing.

1 Like

This impeachment is all about punishing Trump and his supporters.

Getting rid of the filibuster after using it to your advantage, then complaining when your own tactics are used against you?

1 Like

Huh. Weird. I suppose you can point to the evidence supporting this?

Never mind. I should’ve never bothered. Enjoy Fantasy Island.

1 Like

Will libs be consistent today and apply the Biden rule that will not allow additional witnesses in the Senate?

Please allow me to answer that. Today…libs will say…“this is different”…amirite? :sunglasses:

1 Like