Herman Cain hospitalized with covid

IBC,

Imo, pay the price means whatever the price, small or large. Is ok, we all process through our own filter.

A one week stay is not an insignificant cost in $. Further, for an aged person it is one of the last places you want to be, as AB pointed out.

I wonder if Cain will continue to tout not wearing masks.

Does this apply to abortion too?

The phrase means what it means.

Personally, not collectively

By collectively, I mean that a non-felt collective price isnā€™t what we mean. If his family experiences no repercussions, thatā€™s not a price Cain pays.

If you view it in minimalist terms, ok. Ongoing discussion makes me think the original user doesnā€™t think in those terms, but I canā€™t hold you to someone elseā€™s application.

I only use cents in analogous terms. Compared to what he could have experienced, the cost was fairly minimal. A hospital stay can be comfortable, or uncomfortable. I havenā€™t seen any evidence his was taxing.

My greater point is that too much of this discussion wants to accelerate into emotional terms which creates impasses. I want emotions to calm down so that reality rules the discourse.

Yep.

Nope

It CAN be. It isnā€™t a MUST be.

No. It seems its been a mild, comfortable stay for Cain specifically. To characterize it more dramatically is simply to bolster dismissive claims.

CAN be. Not necessarily is. And all signs point to it wasnā€™t a particularly difficult stay. And to my broader point, Cain didnā€™t pay the price of COVID in any severe way, if accounts are to be believed.

Of course everyone wants Cain to make a full recovery, even if Trump got it I would wish him a safe and speedy recovery. However, the fact is Cain took zero precautions. He only has himself to blame.

What annoys me is how many other people did he infect by not wearing a mask?

It will be interesting to see if his position on covid-19 evolves.

Yes wearing a mask, social distancing and taking precautions does not guarantee anything but it sure provides more protection for you and others than doing nothing.

Its so disheartening to see people reacting to wearing a mask or being told to social distance as if they have suddenly woken up in North Korea.

We are lucky that this virus is not more aggressive. Can you imagine if we were hit with a pandemic where the virus was spread more rapidly and where younger healthy people were at just as much risk as older health impaired people. We would see the same reaction, the same refusal to do anything and we would be screwed.

3 Likes

Yes, it will be interesting. Will Cainā€™s politics overwhelm good sense? Iā€™m all a tingle in anticipation. :mask:

Personally, I think an uneventful hospital stay will create a double down

Your views are clear: Cain is enjoying a ā€œcomfortableā€ hospital stay, it was a mere inconvenience, he paid no ā€œpriceā€ for being and idiot and not protecting himself or others from COVID spread in an environment that doctors and epidemiologists advised to avoid. His comfortable hospital stay in highly contagious infectious disease ward in Atlanta was well worth the benefit of the political stunt he wanted to play, to promote Trumpā€™s medically unsound views about mask wearing and social gatherings during a worldwide pandemic that the US isnā€™t even close to controlling yet.

The unemployment was purposefully instigated to combat the virus and appears to have been the wrong way to approach it. Unwinding the mistake to the best of our governmental ability is the correct course of action in most areas across the US. Thatā€™s what I am pushing for and shouting about.

Our conversation parallels the hydroxychloroquine subject and you were wrong about that too.

Apparently not if you came up with this:

That is a lot of projection and ill will.

More likely he is at the next rally without a face diaper and with CV19 antibodies cheering on Trump doctrine.

:stethoscope:

Would anyone else consider this a hard sell?

It is to me.

Let the risk sell itself. Your buyers will be happier.

:stethoscope:

Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. I have favored a cautious reopening. Iā€™m glad you are doing well in recent months but crowing about it while many are suffering seems a tad tone deaf to me but you do you.

As to HCQ, I have advocated the president shut up until the science is in. I wasnā€™t wrong. And the science is still not in, perhaps you need to learn a little patience before making declarations about right/wrong.

1 Like

I wonder how many people could have avoided hospitalization if Fauci had told people in Feb -March that masks do work and to at least wear a face covering if a mask was unavailable.

Remember this?

1 Like

Two weeks turned into ā€œuntil there is a vaccineā€

What credible person said it would only be two weeks?

We both look forward and say our piece. Then when what we looked at through the windshield appears in our rearview mirror, proving you wrong, you then sing a different tune. At least youā€™re consistent. :sunglasses: