Herman Cain hospitalized with covid

The left is not included in that “we”.

1 Like

He’s right sneaky. We did elect him. The country. Quibbling over a word is a dumb diversion that takes away from the conversation.

You are wrong @LucyLou . The country didn’t elect him, half of them did. And they didn’t do it for your reasons. They did it for reasons of their own. This fantasy of a united country is counterproductive.

Less than half. So I guess you are right, we did not elect him…

4 Likes

2/3 of my company got let go, but I am still working. Since I don’t go out or taken any vacations I have saved a ton of money. Because I am not traveling for my job, which I normally do, I’ve been able to eat healthier so I have actually lost a few pounds. Only put gas in my car once since March. Caught up on a lot of movies and TV series. This pandemic thing has worked out pretty good for me.

2 Likes

Now that is some great news. I love happy stories and your’s sounds superb. My compliments on how you’re taking the cards you’re dealt and playing them the best way possible.

“We” as in “we, the USA”.

There is no “we, the USA”.

Maybe not for you. There is for me.

And for many Americans.

That’s cute, bless your heart.

3 days ago, Cain was improving.

https://twitter.com/thehermancain/status/1279075140786106368?s=21

And yesterday. Keep those prayers coming.

https://twitter.com/thehermancain/status/1279920774023913473?s=21

3 Likes

Yes, he is. The point is, States are being forced to do this work which is much more suited to the Federal Government. Testing is another task assigned to states which is better suited to the Feds. And the reason why the Feds are a better option lies in one word.

Uniformity.

RIght now we have states competing with each other for testing supplies and we have states developing separate contact tracing programs. If the Federal Government had simply invoked the defense production act they could have been the quartermaster in charge of all states’ supplies and training. This would have lowered cost of testing and ramped up training of tracers.

Trump decided he didn’t want to be a “supply clerk”, in his own words. Because of this, testing was severely impaired not only because the CDC botched their test for weeks (while shunning the WHO test, which worked, in the interim) but also because States had to compete for a limited supply of testing material and outbid each other for them. This meant wealthier states could outspend poorer states and get what they wanted.

All of this could have been avoided by having the Federal Government spearhead the entire operation, but Trump didn’t want the entire focus to be on his administration. He wanted to spread the blame out to 50 separate states who did not have the resources, experience and expertise the Federal Government had in regards to dealing with a global pandemic.

4 Likes

This work is not better suited to the federal government…especially when you have regions with minimal impact.

The Feds can help the ones that really need it like NY did early on.

The task force guidelines were the best available information and were a good starting point with such an unknown virus.

The Trump administration did a good job with PPE production, ventilators (which we really did not need,) and medical facility support and testing ramp up.

No need to take a shot at the feds when the states should be doing the work. They know their systems and needs best.

Herman Cain is doing well. Hope we get him home in a day or two.

:stethoscope:

I think 5-7 days is the sweet spot, rare earlier and rare later. Still possible, just less common.

3 Likes

Thank God for that. I am glad her family is well. She has been in my prayers and I am so heartened that, in her recovery, she has decided to go to Arizona and help out despite the fact that she will be apart from her family.

You have a good family, Conan. I know you are proud of her and you should be.

2 Likes

Nailed it. Spot on Torey. Great explanation and post!

2 Likes

Excellent post and sums up the situation nicely.

I cannot understand why anyone would not think that the Federal Government would take the lead on a national pandemic.

Its amazing how Trump supporters are critical of everyone else yet when it comes to the dear leader his performance was flawless.

4 Likes

Dear Leader explained it to them.
“I am not responsible.”

1 Like

So thoughts and prayers work, eh?

Must be doing it wrong when it comes to school shootings…

1 Like

Herman Cain demonstrated how bad his judgement is, and he’s paying the price for his ignorance now. Hopefully others learn from this and listen to medical experts and scientists. It’s not rocket science - wear a mask and avoid indoor prolonged social contact. Avoid auditoriums with crowds. Avoid crowded spaces. Duh.

Cain is part of the reason America is performing like a 3rd world country in its response to the virus outbreak.

1 Like