Here's what's really wrong with America's males

Definitely right, the easy loan $$$ drives the prices up. They should scrutinize applicants for loans like back in the day. Also, they should probably charge more interest depending on the risk of not finding a job and hoping for a bailout as the only resort. I think this would drive down the number of students applying for the easy loan $$$.

I respectfully disagree. I think an Art History degree can be learned with a library card and Amazon account. More rigorous studies such as nursing or engineering actually require teaching.

3 Likes

Everyone. Peers, family, media, the internet, religions, the state, etc.

There is nothing wrong with American men or men in general.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Allan

2 Likes

Texas clearly doesn’t.

All one has to do is look at their stupid anti abortion law.

Allan

1 Like

We actually agree on that one.

Common sense abortion control.

2 Likes

Everyone? Or women?

Everyone.

Funny, I don’t get “conflicting messages” but from one source. And they don’t mean it.

You have biases.

1 Like

Of course I do. I embrace them.

1 Like

don’t know about his/her opinion, but mine is fairly simple. societal confusion about the difference between leadership and rulership.

1 Like

Please continue…

not real complex. we, as a society, incrementally, increasingly, and consistently have steadily blurred the line between leadership and rulership. leaders lead others to follow a path because they choose the path; they are a rock, an anchor, the solid foundation that others can rely on to always be there to coach, counsel, teach, and guide. consistency, integrity, example. others follow because faith in and respect of a leader is commanded, not demanded. it flows naturally and is accompanied with loyalty, dedication, and love.

rulers rule. people are taught not to follow a path, but not to veer from it. far from being a rock, they are a bolder stifling “followers”, they are not an anchor but an albatross, they don’t keep you grounded in a sea, they hold you under. not the foundation on which you can build and grow, but the crumbling ruin that struggles to hold itself together ever more desperately. rigidity, expedience, avoidance. others follow because of fear and apathy resulting in “respect” being a demand, loyalty being enforced instead of offered, rigid adherence to authority expected and deviation punished. fear, fear, fear.

as a society we have devolved away from leaders and toward rulers. this plays out on a cultural level from the family to the fed (or vice versa). men confuse leading the family with ruling the family. everyone used to know, dad leads the family but mom rules the house. listen to mom or you’re in trouble, listen to dad or trouble will find you.

5 Likes

The swath of boys who have either never met their fathers or only see them on rare occasions beg to differ.

There is something seriously wrong with American males. And the cause can go back to their fathers not doing their ■■■■■■■ jobs.

4 Likes

Well said, a phrase I learned while in bootcamp comes to mind.

Leaders lead from the front, rulers rule from the back.

2 Likes

Happy Wife; Happy Life!

2 Likes

That’s a tough task.

I don’t want to live my life making wife happy as first priority. Been there done that.

What you want us irrelevant.
What you have chosen is at hand.
Spock