Here we go Again, Rayshard Brooks Shooting

Come on man. Two of your bouncers getting beat by one patron.

[quote=“Eagle-Keeper, post:282, topic:232146, full:true”]

Maybe. What do we mean by single parent households? Like, they’re divorced or there’s only one parent in the picture, period? There are plenty of professional neighborhoods. They’re in every major city, especially now since people are moving from the suburbs back to the city. I’m also not making an absolute statement about every working class neighborhood.

When do they call for back up?

When they find him sleeping intoxicated in the car (and can wake up and leave at anyh time)?
When he was compliant and allowed himself to be moved from the drive thru?
Or should it have been when they started the field sobriety tests?
Should it have been when they determined he was going to need to be placed under arrest (so far compliant with what they were doing)?
Wouldn’t it “escilate things” to call for more guys to try and arrest someone who has been compliant up to that point?

Come on man, I asked a simple question when do the “white cops” call for back up on arresting a “black person”?

Wouldn’t it be considered that systomatic racial stuff if they have in their heads – he is going to resists, he’s going to run, we will need more officers to contain him?

Oh jesus. Whoops. I’ve never seen that before, tbh. Surround and swarm pretty much prevents that from occurring in the first place.

So your saying the officers needed to assume this was going to go bad? They needed to be ready to swarm a DUI driver?

Same thing the cops do. Until you run out of swarm. Then what?

Maybe if libs pass a law that only white cop can pull over or arrest a white man while only black cops can pull over or arrest blacks?

Would that work libs?

Tell me what you want. Tell us what you want.

You don’t have to assume anything, but being ready is not a bad thing.

No laws to be enforced
Free stuff
Everyone out of prison
No black person ever shot again committing a crime.
Free stuff
Mo money
Mo money

2 Likes

Damn, you had to bust out the AAVE, though?

They tried that with Bass Reeves

Good question.

Bam…hammer meet nail…and this all goes back to guiding your children into adulthood so that they are ready. If this was being done consistently, there wouldn’t be all of these altercations with the police and most likely, this thread would not exist?

Doubt it. Some people don’t respond well to ‘authority’. My strategy for not getting my ass kicked (because my coworkers too distracted on their phone/talking to a patron) was to get to know the troublemakers in the bar so that I had someone watching my back. This goes back to the ‘community policing’ and why it’s important to maintain good relations with the people that live in the area.

Why do you think that is? Once again, because “dad” more than likely wasn’t there when this type of respect is learned?

As far as your second point, I recommend you find a new bar. If I go to a bar, it’s to relax and enjoy. If I had to consider “my back”, I wouldn’t go there. This goes to another principle I tend to practice about risk/reward?

2 Likes

How many times in your “experience” have you had to call police to remove an intoxicated customer?

The da called the killing unreasonable and said any charges would be filed this week.
If I were the cop I’d start raising bail money

Probably what he was after. Just didn’t manage to get it imo.

1 Like

Because they associate it with a lack of respect, more than likely. The other side think they’re above rules, in general. They’ve never been held accountable in their lives.

I no longer work in nightlife. I did it to support myself while I was getting my bachelors.

Not often. We get points on the bar if the cops have to get involved. Better if we handle it ourselves.