Here we go Again, Rayshard Brooks Shooting

He wasn’t unarmed.

Mad or more likely afraid. Or embarrassed.

hurr durr ‘libzz’.
I’ll answer in reverse order.
The amount of people that get killed by intoxicated drivers is immaterial to choosing to shoot this man or taking his keys and issuing a summons (or letting him go with a warning, I know, shocking).
The law can be prosecuted without engaging in despot fetish.

Taser is an arm?

Hmm, I don’t know. The areas with the most issues here are segregated to ■■■■■ It has more to do with class.

Yes, less-than-lethal. Or tool if you prefer. If he had grabbed the ASP baton, would you have considered him “unarmed”?

The areas with the most issues are big cities, proudly advertised as “the most diverse” by their advertisers.

Of course it is often false advertising. Seattle for example - doesn’t even meet the national metric for black population.

Class?

1 Like

You forgot, that was tried in the past. Laws were streanthend by deamand of the poeopole, because intoxicated drivers were killing people.
So use your influence to get laws rolled back. Let killer drivers remain free to “borrow” a friends car once they are “issued a summons, and the keys to the car they are driving are taken.”.

2 Likes

the stolen taser could have incapacitated the pursuing officer…

would you like to be incapacitated with a suspect you know has taken your taser and used it on you?

would you give that suspect the chance to take your pistol?

I can tell you this. Had they let him go and drove away and then passed out at the wheel and killed a black person no one on the left would cry that life mattered.

4 Likes

Yeah, class. As in, a diverse neighborhood of young professionals is not going to have remotely the same crime rate as a working class neighborhood. Cities look diverse, but are often highly segregated along racial lines. Those neighborhoods are as homogeneous as a small town in southern Iowa.

That’s not a bad idea, at least in these inner cities.

Yeah, I don’t know. I guess my experience in nightlife has given be a very different perspective on how to handle intoxicated people.

I don’t disagree, except with the implication that poverty causes crime.

What does your nightlife tell you about handling 3 guys in a fight?

I understand the sentiment and I would be more inclined to agree if he had not been behind the wheel of an automobile.

If you’re getting jumped by three people, you’re going to lose, and it’s probably your fault.

Not the question I asked. What do you do if two of your bouncers are getting beat?

[quote=“AngraMainyu, post:274, topic:232146”]

There are plenty of working class neighborhoods all across the country that have very little crime. Also there are few if any neighborhoods that are mostly young professionals. So there can absolutely be some of the neighborhoods that many live in that can have more crime than working class neighborhoods. Maybe the areas with the most crime are those in which most of the children are born to single parent households? Just a thought.

1 Like

it doesn’t fit the narrative. Just like Chicago doesn’t fit the narrative . . . .

Most homicide victims in Chicago are young, black men, and the suspects are, too. But murders have fallen significantly in recent years, along with police-involved shootings. There were 764 murders and 12 fatal police-involved shootings in 2016, compared with 492 murders and three fatal police-involved shootings last year.

492 murders that is mostly black on black and THREE fatal police shootings. Notice the leftwing media focus – the three instead of the 400.

Pfleger said the systemic problems that have plagued minority communities for decades — like joblessness, food insecurity and a lack of housing — already were heightened by the COVID-19 outbreak, which he said “made a bad situation worse.”

![Darius Jelks, 31, and Maurice Jelks, 39 were fatally shot amid widespread civil unrest while driving May 31 in Burnside.]
Darius and Maurice Jelks were killed on May 31, the most violent day in Chicago in modern history.

Floyd’s killing in Minnesota simply brought further to the fore the “hopelessness and anger” felt by those living in blighted communities, added Pfleger, who said the current unrest reminds him of the rioting that broke out when the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated.

“It’s like a time bomb out here,” Pfleger said. “People are on the edge, people are angry, people are poor, and they don’t even know when it’s going to change.”

And what is the lefts proposal? Mo money, Mo money, Mo money. But hey, food stamps, housing, earned income tax credit, child tax credit, free phone, free this, free that hasn’t helped in how many years?
How about this? Take some of the Mo Money, Mo money, Mo money and subsidize some of the jobs illegals do? Farm work, hotel work, all that. Then get them going into education and if they can pull their weight (you know good grades, graduate), get them into better jobs.

Sorry, I thought you mean handling three by yourself.
If two of my bouncers are being beat, that depends on the number doing the beating. Equal numbers, immediately target the most dangerous person. I’ve been in so many altercations they sort of blend together, but the last one where it was potentially dangerous was when one of the bouncers was wrestling a guy on the ground and the guy’s buddy came to kick our guy in the face. I grabbed his leg; due to his level of intoxication he was jello and easily removed from that situation.