Heliocentric Solar System vs. the Helical Vortex Model

Do we just orbit the Sun round and round or are we pulled along in it’s wake in a vortex?

Was what our scientists believed and we were taught in school all wrong?

I’m at 1 miute and I love it already!!

Thank you for posting this!

It’s an interesting video and very well made, but it’s not correct.

Our solar system is not a vortex, it’s a helix. The sun does not drag that planets as Sadhu suggests. Simply put, we know this because we can observe planets ahead of the sun as it travels through the galaxy. The solar system does not operate by drag led by its star.

2 Likes

Can you have a vortex in a vacuum?

Corredct me if I am wrong, but I think calling it a “helix” implies the earth;’ orbit is 100% permanatnely fixed about the sun. If the earth slowly-but-surely falls toward the sun, getting closer over time, then Sadhu used the correct term and the correct shape is “vortex.”

Do I misunderstand?

1 Like

That is two dimensional thinking. Where a planet is in relationship to the sun depends on the viewers perspective.

For the solar system to be a vortex, the sun would lead the planets through the galaxy. The video shows the sun pulling the planets and not giving them the opportunity to “lead”. But, we can observe planets leading the sun as it orbits the Milky Way. Our solar system orbits at a 60 degree angle to the center plane of the galaxy. The vortex model in the video does not represent this, it shows the solar system perpendicular to the center.

very crude representation of the angle of our solar system on the galaxy’s plane.

1 Like

An excellent question but is space truly a vacuum? Dark matter?

There is just so much we don’t know and it’s so arrogant of us to think we have all the answers.

We should ALWAYS question science as they are usually proven wrong at some point.

There are other videos that address but I haven’t been able to find them again. I’ll keep looking but the Vortex makes a lot more sense. I think how we see things from Earth depends on where we are in relationship to what we are observing.

not really, we can always identify how our solar system is orbiting the center of the galaxy. Observing from earth doesn’t change that.

Well, I don’t claim to have the answers, I just thought this was very interesting. Again, I understand your objection and I’ve seen it addressed in other videos that for some reason I can’t find again. I’ll keep looking.

Okay.

That makes sense. When I watch the video I picture the sun pulling the planets. Not vice versa. I am not being sarcastic with this next statement. I this genuine:

Since that is the case then a tornado is not a true vortex. A true vortex is like a whirlpool in an ocean it pulls things down toward center which is not what is really happening in the case of the soalr system.

Is that correct?
A tornado has a vortex shape but is not a true vortex.

Don’t get me wrong. The video is awesome, really well made. It’s been floating around for years but, it omits some very simple things we know about our solar system.

It’s not that we’re in a “vortex”, it’s just that we’re orbiting the Sun along a plane that is not level with the plane the Sun is orbiting. The visuals are mostly accurate in the OP’s video.

Being dragged through the galaxy by the Sun would present more questions than answers with respect to what our solar system typically passes through in each revolution (i.e. our Oort Cloud might not be our Oort Cloud at all).

2 Likes

We typically detect exoplanets by measuring the wobble of the star caused by gravitational tugging of other planets. In other words, it’s always a two-way, measurable dance.

1 Like

a tornado is a vortex. friction and drag are pulling matter.

1 Like

We only have one point of observation and that is from our own planet. We would need at least two points of reference to show the planets were actually leading the Sun on it’s path.

Pulsars are how we do just that. It’s also how we tell the aliens where Earth is on the Voyager satellite.

It’s called Vygr now.

2 Likes

Dmnt…

1 Like