Hegemony in the US

So you going with both siderism?

You didn’t need to open a new thread for that.

You’re getting to nitpicky on individual words instead of the idea or concept being said.

“allow” as in, don’t let ideas go unchallenged, thus giving tacit approval.

Never. It’s human nature to other, and group individuals. But anytime racism rears its ugly head, don’t let it go unchallenged. Beat it back down.

Barely one generation. You don’t get to minimize the fact that millions of Americans are still alive who were teenagers/adults during Jim Crow.

Come on man! How long has “racist!” been shouted indiscriminately?

1 Like

Challenge them all you want to, it won’t change anything. Are you really “challenging” them? Who are you trying to convince?

1 Like

What makes racism any worse than any other discriminator?

1976-2000, 24 years.

2000-2022, 22 years.

Two generations.

I was one of them, I’m not minimizing anything.

You don’t get to pretend the system hasn’t been cleaned, especially when you never saw any of it.

2 Likes

1 family generation. Millions still live who had to drink from a separate fountain.

Stop it

A generation is 20-25 years.

Me personally nothing. I just argue on the internet as a hobby. But others are doing something, from people like Daryl Davis who reach out to the KKK, to people like counter protestors.

What would you like done about Carlson?

Historically speaking, it leads to extermination, and eugenics. When you view others as subhuman, there is a complete lack of regard towards human life.

Can you forget that the TV man is telling you that unvaccinated people are evil. That they are influencing millions of people to hate trump supporters because they are who the TV man is pointing to as unvaccinated.
The people listening to them are now on board to segregating these people and not letting them participate in society. They are even willing to not allow these people to have medical care because the TV man is telling them that these people deserve to die.
What do you think is going to be the result of the TV man saying all the unvaccinated are trump supporters and they are the cause of the virus still being spread?

1 Like

Is that not true of any discriminating trait?

Back to the question at hand; who should have hegemony in the US?

Why?

I recognize some people have blue eyes, some have brown. I do not believe either is supreme.

What’s the difference?

Who did the civil rights movement make things worse for?

Why is generation the unit of measure? You are attempting to make Jim Crow Seem further in the past than it is. There are Million still alive today who lived during Jim Crow.

Sure, but it’s more likely when you view others as subhuman.

I guess I should also clarify, that when I use “racism”, I’m using it more in the colloquial use, rather than a specific definition. e.g. Japanese treatment of Koreans, and Chinese during WWII, believing themselves to be the superior Asians.