Head of CNN Jeff Zucker Resigns

Good riddance. Ongoing relationship within the company that wasn’t disclosed.

“As Zucker sees it, his pro-Trump panelists are not just spokespeople for a worldview; they are “characters in a drama,” members of CNN’s extended ensemble cast. “Everybody says, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you have Jeffrey Lord or Kayleigh McEnany,’ but you know what?” Zucker told me with some satisfaction. “They know who Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany are.”

I hope everyone enjoyed the fun.

2 Likes

Oh. This is interesting.

She is pretty good looking has some dark eyes like a Great White Shark.

She was tapped to replace Zucker.

This might bump Rogan V Young to page 2.

wonder if they’ll get back to doing news

if that’s even what you want to call it

1 Like

They could. It is a vacuum and opportunity.

I heard an analyst this morning say when he took over they were a left leaning but respectable news outlet…

That was hundreds of thousands of hours of Left Wing propaganda and a crash in their ratings and credibility ago.

2 Likes

CNN is probably better off without Zucker.

From the NY Post…

“ CNN’s ratings took a nosedive by a massive 90 percent both overall and in the all-important demographic coveted by advertisers in the first week of the new year.

The Jeff Zucker-led cable news network averaged just 548,000 viewers during the week of Jan. 3 — a major drop from the nearly 2.7 million viewers for the same week in 2021, according to Nielsen ratings.

The year-ago ratings were jolted by the left-leaning network’s coverage of the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, which resulted in CNN having its most-watched day since Ted Turner launched the news outlet in 1980.

But on the one-year anniversary of the attacks, viewers flipped over to CNN’s right-wing rival, Fox News, which topped the ratings for coverage of the event.”

2 Likes

I remember this clip with Ted Koppel to CNN’s Brian Stelter it has proved prophetic.

6 Likes

Benefitting from Trump? How dare you good sir.

3 Likes

Odd, how Zuck has to make some story about a relationship to retire. Can’t admit he failed…

1 Like

There was no Russian collusion and the media and FBI knew that in 2016.

2 Likes

That’s fabulous and so true.

Brian Stelter is an idiot.

3 Likes

Outstanding clip.

Anyone with an ounce of objectivity could see that they would flounder without Trump to cover.

1 Like

So what did he suddenly do different in the first few weeks of the new year that he did differnt than the last 7 or so years he was at the helm? You know when their numbers were outstanding?

1 Like

I can’t answer that question…

I don’t watch CNN…

That channel is on my list of people who have no credibility…the Trump Russia thing, the Covington Catholic thing where they had to pay for their journalistic malpractice…

I thought they were a cesspool whenever I quit them a few years ago and as near as I know they e gotten worse.

I think like a lot of people I see them at the airport or when someone on another channel plays something insane one of their remaining hosts just said. Clay Travis just pointed out in the radio Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity have more democrats watching than cnn’s prime time lineup.

1 Like

X ACT ly

Politico cites two unnamed sources who say Chris Cuomo’s legal team is who brought it the romance to the surface in negotiations for the ousted host’s severance pay.

A woman scorned and all that. :wink:

CNN before Trump:

Network icon.

3 Likes

What little reputation they used to have went into the toilet during the Zucker years.

He stepped down because of a consensual relationship with a colleague?

1 Like