Has Trump bottomed out?

Oh, I don’t think anybody would be shocked this time around.

Thanks for the numbers. Very interesting. I won’t claim to know what’s gonna happen, but I think people view “Trump the challenger” waaaaaaay differently than they view him as “Trump the President”. He’s no longer an unknown commodity, at least as a politician. And Biden is a much easier sell to moderates and other undecideds than Hillary. I just don’t think you’re gonna see the surge you saw for Trump like we did in 2016. Dems are way more motivated (hopefully) to “kick Trump out” than they were to “elect hillary in”. But, who the ■■■■ knows.

1 Like

I wonder if trump will send a cease and desist letter to Rassmusen.

New poll from RASMUSSEN, Trump’s favorite and a Republican leaning poll:

National GE:
Biden 48% (+12)
Trump 36%

2 Likes

I’d do a little math on percentages before bragging about other countries Covid and death rate compared to ours…

1 Like

You know, when you can’t help yourself and consistently insult the President, you’ve lost the debate. At this point, it just looks like more sour grapes because everything you point to us just opinion and false facts.

The recession didn’t start in February. The first drop was the month of March and it was due to panic, not Presidential inaction. What’s fun is understanding the left was throwing a fit because he was taking actions, such as limiting travel from China. They called him racist for that. The feds issued guidelines from VERY early on. Were they always right? Of course not, but how the hell is that on Trump? He’s listening to the “experts” and now he’s to blame? When he doesn’t listen to the “experts”, all of the sudden he’s “anti-science”.

The only way unemployment stays above 10% for years if the left manages to elect Biden.

and maybe some still on the shelf swing voters

I don’t disagree with that. By no means is this an easy win for either candidate but I can’t help but think there’s going to be a massive push back to the rioting and looting plus the draconian lock downs from liberal governors… maybe I’m wrong. Aside from that, I also think it’s going to hinge on the economy. If jobs are returning, I think he gets another term. I also think if there are debates, Biden’s in trouble. He’s going to say something really stupid and Trump’s just going to paint him as out of touch and lost. To me, this resembles Clinton vs Dole. There was a lot of people on the right that wanted Clinton out but it just was not enough to take them to the polls to support a guy that had been in politics for 40 years and excited no one.

1 Like

So what are those other places doing wrong.

Here is my county.

In the same boat here, Conan. In Michigan I live in region 2N, with a population of over 2 million people. In the last week we have had a combined 40 new cases and 9 deaths. It is ostensibly gone where I live. In my county (800k population) we have had even less infected and dead, we go days without a death now. In my hospital we have 5 COVID patients in our 700 bed hospital. We used to have 300 plus. Yet it is going up dramatically in other parts of the country.

I think you are in Washington State, yes? We were both hit earlier, so we have had time to put a plan in place. It is still emerging in some states. We also live in states with Democratic Governors who really pushed for stay at home, which I do think helped.

Hell, look at what our Governor, Whitmer had to go through. We had armed whackos from Ohio and Western Michigan storming our state capital calling for her to stop the stay at home orders and she didn’t budge. She just asked that they wore masks while protesting. Once they figured out she wasn’t budging they went away.

2 Likes

The reality is that Trump failed on virtually every single front when it came to handling the pandemic. Whether it was our lack of preparedness or our inability to establish a national testing and tracing program (which we still lack) or his completely contradictory positions on social distancing and mask-wearing. His failures have resulted in the United States being one of the worst nations in the entire industrialized world when it comes to our handling of this outbreak. In turn, this has ALSO caused our economic strife to be far worse than most all other developed nations as well.

You stated that if it could be shown that the US was worse off than most other nations in these metrics, then you would appropriately assign blame to Trump where it belongs. This has been shown to you, and you crawfish.

Virtually all other developed nations are seeing substantial declines in confirmed cases. They are on the downward slope. The United States has not even made it through the plateau portion of Wave 1. Multiple states are seeing significant increases in total confirmed cases, hospitalizations, and without tracing and testing in place, little ability to stem each respective outbreak. Our unemployment numbers and loss of GDP are dwarfing other industrialized countries. We are in the greatest decline our nation has seen since the Great Depression, and that is with the Fed artificially propping up the market, and several Trillions of $$$ being doled out from the pockets of future generations.

You cannot deny these basic realities. Well, you can I guess, but the rest of us are not obliged to follow your lead.

4 Likes

This is not true.

3 Likes

Yeah, let’s ignore the numbers I linked and go with the WSJ.

That’s an opinion and not a very good one.

The National Bureau of Economic Research is the arbiter of these things. Not the WSJ. The WSJ, along with a hundred other news outlets, reported on their findings. And shocker, their findings are backed by a trove of data that supports their determination.

I’ll take their massive amount of data and conclusions over that of an anonymous internet poster. I’m sure you can understand why?

1 Like

I don’t know if you heard the latest. She lost a good friend and mentor…63 year old male nurse that worked with her in the bubble. He was by all account healthy with healthy lifestyle. Leaving behind wife and two daughters.

He ended up on ventilator and my niece cared for him before catching it herself. About month later still tested positive.

My county of 90k has less than 150 cases and 3 deaths and those 3 have been on the board for well over a month.

I would estimate mask usage at 30%, most of them either workers where the company made it mandatory or people who look like that have preexisting conditions.

Jesus, Conan, I am so sorry. You know I prayed for you guys when you were all going through this. Terrifying stuff at that Nursing Home, still the greatest single tragedy of the Pandemic IMHO.

If it matters to her, which I doubt since I am just some dude on the interwebs, send her my regards and condolences please.

3 Likes

Having that level of population density sure helps, Sneaky. Glad things are safe where you are. But if you go somewhere with worse rates, please wear a mask.

Thanks. The next county over is smaller and even better.

This is a big city problem. I have no intention of going to the big cities.

1 Like

Also we have seen little spike on hospital beds…mostly in my age bracket.

At least they taken lot more care of those in nursing/retirement homes.

So I’m still avoiding areas with high infection rate.

https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/data/daily-summary.aspx