Has anyone noticed that farmers and other businesses aren't giving info to the government on illegals?

Typical cowardly response. Folks have no problem going after people who are trying for a better life. Chicken crap militia groups will go after a family of migrants but will do nothing about the enablers or those who benefit from the labour of undocumented workers.

Yup. The dirty little secret is that if all the illegals were kicked out we would have IMMEDIATE food shortages. And a lot of overgrown lawns and construction sites shutting down.

I still remember a female poster here one day during the Bush years coming here and say Rush is right we couldn’t afford to buy produce if Americans were picking produce.

Funny how the message changed in less than 20 years.

“Sanctuary” business…it’s the new fad.

And they ignored the calculations backed up with solid data that the prices for produce would not go up all that much if pay was commensurate with jobs “Americas would do”.

Looks like Trump is on to this.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article230111184.html

But by all means, write to Pelosi as well as the administration to encourage this

“The White House immigration plan is unlikely to pass muster in Congress where Democrats will be reluctant to support any enforcement proposal that’s not offset with significant legalization of immigrants currently in the United States without authorization to work. Democrats are working on legislation to protect so-called Dreamers who were brought into the country illegally as children.”

But those close to the White House talks have said that would be okay if the end result is finding a plan that important Republican factions can get behind in the lead up to the 2020 elections.

Eric Trump, one of the president’s sons and executive vice president of the Trump Organization, announced in January that all Trump properties would be instituting E-Verify after claims that some of the company’s workers were in the country illegally.

1 Like

Using stolen and made up SS#.
Last I knew this was against the law.
I knew a man that had his SS# used by an illegal.
My guess is that the illegal just made up the number.
But the irs tried to make this poor man pay tax’s on the money this illegal made. And the illegal was smart and claimed 9 exemptions so very little tax was held out. It took this man two years and a lawyer to get out of paying tax’s on money he did not earn.

My state is a red state and we use e-verify. It’s against the law to hire or rent to someone without running them through e-verify. And it was passed into law at the state level.
Seems you don’t know what your talking about.

In this country we usually say SSN.

So government can ignore the very laws that they passed and you don’t care?

And the reason the left did nothing about immigration the two years they had a super majority was?
Do they also need a permanent subset of the population who can be exploited for their labor. And I’m sure that the right weren’t the only ones who owned slaves, and used convict labor, sharing cropping, indentured servants, child labor and now illegals.
Seems to me that it is all talk coming for the democrats when it comes to preventing illegals here. Seems to me they want them here not only for cheap labor, but for also for a political talking point and they are also hoping for new voters when they can finally get the country to accept amnesty again.

So businesses can break the law with impunity. Got it.

So the Government can break the very laws they wrote and you just want to punish the voters?
Got it. You worship your government and can’t call them out for being law breakers.

How are they breaking the law, their not hiring illegals.

Can we throw every elected official who defends and knowingly lets illegal immigrants live in the United States in jail too?
Or are you another government worshiper who wants to punish citizens for a problem that the people in DC created?
If you give a pass to sanctuary cities and states for employing, housing and hiding illegals because it’s the job of the federal government to enforce immigration laws. It’s kind of two faced to say that you now want employers to enforce immigration laws.

Trying to say I am not a citizen are you.
My ancestors were here before the first white man stepped foot on the United States shores.
Also SSN shows that you aren’t and have never been an employer because my accountant uses SS# and I have been a business owner for over 40 years.

So its two faced to expect employers to OBEY THE LAW?

The irs knows every illegal that gets a w2. Do they go to that business and arrest the illegal for using a fake SS#?
Do they fine the company for hiring an illegal?
No then they are breaking the law.
Does the federal government enforce the very laws that they wrote?
If they did we would not have an illegal problem.
If local and state governments can not enforce immigration laws than who’s job is it to enforce the law?
That’s right the federal government and they are looking the other way while immigration laws are broken every day.
Now who should be punished?
People who are being told that it is not their job to enforce immigration laws? Tells me that you really don’t want the laws enforced. You just want a talking point to try of beat up republicans with.

Pretty two faced when you support sanctuary cities and states.

So businesses can break the law with impunity. Got it.