Harris won the first debate, just look at the polls

Ok, good detective work :)… Truthfully I have read some of your posts and you seem to be knowledgeable on the electorate. Do you think this vast shift to the left by the democrats which includes talk of free healthcare for illegals as well as decriminalizing the border will help or hurt them in the swing states?

This graph I know was directly from the NYT’s look at this swing left compared to the republicans.

First, thanks for the compliment.

Second, I don’t think there’s a vast shift to the left. I think what you’re seeing is the result of two years of Trump and his efforts to obliterate anything Obama. Dems (myself included) want a candidate who will Make America Normal Again. Every time I hear something new being done by the Trump admin., I cringe. That’s what needs to end. It’s not a shift left. It’s a shift back to normal.

I would agree with you if it was Obama or a Romney that was running but each candidate raised their hand one by one on giving healthcare to illegals. Maybe your right and this will be the new normal I live Kirkland, Seattle they love this talk, but I am not sure if the people in the rustbelt and other swing states will feel the same.

I go by trends, mainly betting trends after the Democratic debate the odds of him being re-elected pretty much doubled across the sites. I could be wrong and eat crow but I don’t think this message is going to play outside of the heavy liberal states.

Might even be more enjoyable.

Its kind of amazing that they think they really have something going by stressing flaws in the Trump administrations enforcement of our immigration laws, while offering nothing as a fix.

A few months ago I was much more dubious about Trump’s chances of re election.

As someone else wrote that I read today, this is a sprint not a race. We have a long way to go. And don’t take the right-wing version of what Dems are saying as the word. As I pointed out to you, it’s often mischaracterized. Like Kamala’s “open borders” that wasn’t. A lot of it is scare tactics. People here have jabbed me for saying “facts matter,” but they very much do. Sometimes you have to look around a little more to find them. But the truth can surprise you. And people who don’t look for it are the ones who are on the short end.