Harris Faulkner, a class act

An actual post on point. Did Gingrich actually establish that Soros did what he alleged? How much money did he provide to whom?
Anybody have an answer?

If Soros did provide huge amounts of money to left wing causes, are people who disagree with that position not allowed to comment because of you know what you know when?
And yet for years not problem commenting about the Koch brothers.
Or boycotting Republican donors, or publishing their names.
Under what conditions is it permitted to comment about donors to left wing causes and when is it ā€œverbottenā€?

3 Likes

To me, if the Right Wing wants to hate on Soros because he supports Democratic candidates, they have every right to do so. He is hurting Conservative candidates by doing so.

Just hate Dems hate the Koch brothers, they always help GOP candidates.

It is the injection of anti-semitic tropes that I find offensive, because it panders to White Nationalists who are a real thing in this country, like it or not. And the whole puppet master thing is a classic, tried and true trope.

When one uses or infers such, they are either ignorant of history or pandering to racists. Neither is an acceptable excuse, in my humble opinion.

4 Likes

I know Matthew 24 almost by heart and that does not shed light on our subject. Obviously by your inability to answer the question shows you just chimed in on something you posed as having specific knowledge of and you donā€™t. That said, neither do Iā€¦but Iā€™d like to.

Well, yes, that would be trueā€¦but was not the point of this thread so I donā€™t know that your post is very appropriate here.

1 Like

Except thatā€™s not what Soros ā€œwantsā€ā€¦thatā€™s the far rightā€™s spin on what Soros ā€œwantsā€.

His foundation supports reforms to the criminal justice system and the cash bail system which result in poor people being held in jail for long stretches of time awaiting trial for crimes of which they are accused, while those more well off can buy their way out while awaiting trial for the same or similar types of crimes.

Bail reform of course is always spun as ā€œwanting to let the criminals out and wreak havocā€ in todayā€™s right wing world.

Because in many peopleā€™s minds, if youā€™re a poor guy accused of a crime, youā€™re automatically guilty.

2 Likes

No. Because itā€™s just a farcical anti-semite dog whistle that Soros is causing the riots.

Recycling anti-Semite puppetmaster tropes is quite different from saying ā€œThe Koch Brothers donate a lot of money to the GOP to protect their financial interests in fossil fuels.ā€

1 Like

Gingrich disingenuously throws out a dog whistle that soros the jew is behind all the riotsā€¦the POTUS shares tweets with ancient anti-semitic tropes.

These things seem the very essence of the thread.

He is funding the anarchy in our streets and he and the Hollywood weirdoā€™s are funding bail for those criminals who get out in record breaking time and cause more violence including arson & murder. Criminal reform my rear end, thatā€™s just a load of Soros BS! :angry:

President Trump has reformed the system that put thousands of black males in prison and he has freed thousands. You need to get a different source for information because leftist ā€œtruthsā€ are not facts and Soros is a global criminal.

1 Like

It is, in my opinion, precisely the point of this thread. That Soros is some puppet master who is inciting folks to riot in order to further his machinations. Gingrich tossing out the ā€œverbotenā€ comment is not incidental, Gingrich is a historian.

Veiled anti-semitism should not be tolerated, in my humble opinion. And this veil was made of saran wrap. Your opinion may differ and that is all well and fine.

1 Like

More fiction movies.

That themeā€¦it seems familiar.

Blah blah blahā€¦I will believe what I want to believe because SOROS!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No to recycling anti-Semite puppetmaster tropes. Is that what you think the Newt is doing? I see him as saying that Soros is dontating money to left wing politicians and that is having a damaging effect.

1 Like

It looks sort of like all those images of Putin pulling the strings on Trump, doesnā€™t it?

2 Likes

None of thatis true. Anything to do with it being Jewish was added by othersā€¦those who wanted to claim ā€œdogwhistleā€.
No dogwhistle. Yes to race baiting by others.

2 Likes

Soros my have a Jewish heritage but he denies the God of the Jews.

1 Like

Is ALL criticism of Sorosā€™ political contributions anti-Semitic? The DAs that were boosted by his organization are demonstrably soft on crime and countless examples of this are documented. That doesnā€™t necessarily mean the intent was to directly incite riots, but rioters certainly arenā€™t being charged for violent acts in many jurisdictions.

3 Likes

ā€œverbotenā€