Harmful Gender Stereotypes to be Banned in UK Advertising

Oh, 58 genders is a real thing, and not just the purposeful misunderstanding of a subgroup of a subgroup that doesn’t understand how letters come together to form words that have meaning?

Now I’m furious and I don’t know why.

My plan is to get really repetitive. It will maximize my foolishness as well as the attention I get. It’s a worthy trade-off.

In fact, I think it’s a wise choice, because I’ve got nothing else to do with my afternoon, or my weekend for that matter, or the rest of December, or the remainder of my life.

You actually think people have asserted there are 58 distinct genders. It’s kind of sad.

I’m confused, and I want attention. What can I say that will get what I need?

More pictures? More words? Please help. I’ve got the rest of my life yawning beneath me.

“An ad that seeks to emphasise the contrast between a boy’s stereotypical personality (e.g. daring) with a girl’s stereotypical personality (e.g. caring) needs to be handled with care.”

“An ad aimed at new mums which suggests that looking attractive or keeping a home pristine is a priority over other factors such as their emotional wellbeing.”

Anyone who thinks that there are not real stereotypical girls and boys personalities hasn’t had children yet, IMO. And keeping a clean house isn’t important…actually as a contributing factor to emotional wellbeing?

Maybe those points can be argued, but they shouldn’t be ordered by a government.

Oh well, that’s England. I’m not going to tell them what they have to do or can’t do. Free speech just isn’t that important to them, obviously.

Just don’t use as an argument to me “the other advanced countries do X” or we should be more like Europe. No, that is not an argument on any subject.
We should do it right, not what they do.

LOL - thanks for being a good egg about my post.

You’re choosing not to recognize idividual snowflakes and their confusion.

What is this, 1950?? Some champion.

Its advertising - so free speech does not apply, Even in the US advertisers cannot say what they like without repercussions.

Willful ignorance. Boastful, even. It’s amazing. Perhaps one day a single independent thought will spark in that head.

Ah. The “advertising” exemption to the Constitution.

Ah. The “libel”, “slander”, “fighting words”, and “incitement” exemptions to the Constitution.

Rights are not unlimited.

Just a clear demonstration of how people are willing to use others for political gain, even while not agreeing with their “58 gender cause”.

Thanks for the assist. Some champion.

Again, no one has ever, ever, asserted that there are 58 distinct genders. Well, except the man on the radio or probably Tucker Carlson.

That is far what is happening in the current listed case. The law is narrowly defining what can be represented as gender. In the US, hopefully this would never happen.

Justice Harry Blackmun wrote that the First Amendment “should prevent states from prohibiting advertisements of products or conduct that is clearly legal at the place advertised.”[4] The Court also noted the political nature of abortion and its status as a constitutionally protected fundamental right.[8]

England? Thats up to them.

Its not legislation by the government. Jesus - educate yourself on a topic please. The ASA is the self-regulating body that oversees advertising in the UK.

Presumably they would get their authority to do that from the government or they would just be ignored.

Educate yourself - they are nothing to do with the government nor are they funded by the government yet they are not ignored. The ASA is actually quite effective in what it does.

The Advertising Standards Authority ( ASA ) is the [self-regulatory organisation]"(Self-regulatory organization - Wikipedia) of the advertising industry in the United Kingdom. The ASA is a non-statutory organisation and so cannot interpret or enforce legislation. However, its code of advertising practice[1] broadly reflects legislation in many instances. The ASA is not funded by the British government, but by a levy on the advertising industry."

You appear to be largely correct. If the practices listed in the OP have not been repeated in legislation, not so much a problem.