Happy TDofV day!

Do some people think that churches that minister to Gay, Queer and Trans people aren’t actually Christian?

This is the real problem…. That there is a brand of Christianity that is constantly getting offended at any perceived slight. It may help to feed the need to feel persecuted to the flock that they already have but it isn’t doing anything to minister to the spiritual needs of those who are deemed to be on the outside of that group.

1 Like

giphy

5 Likes

Wrong again.

What I said was that the Bible, verses posted, did not support transsexualism.

Romans 1

1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God— 2 the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures 3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life[a] was a descendant of David, 4 and who through the Spirit of holiness was appointed the Son of God in power[b] by his resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5 Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from[c] faith for his name’s sake. 6 And you also are among those Gentiles who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.

7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul’s Longing to Visit Rome

8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is being reported all over the world. 9 God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you 10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

11 I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith. 13 I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters,[d] that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.

14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[e] just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”[f]

God’s Wrath Against Sinful Humanity

18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

1 Like

Did Jesus have a church? :face_with_monocle:

I suspect He would tell you to hate the sin but to love the sinner.

I also suspect He would be very vocal against those who encourage, enable, and promote the sin.

2 Likes

Great response…

Biden didn’t ban religious symbols on Easter Eggs used in the Easter Egg Roll.

That became part of the standard language on the White House Flyers 45 years ago…the language was there when Trump was President.

Maybe you know this by now…but if you are viewing only RW media, maybe you do not.

And those “Christians” who spent Easter in a bitter hissy fit because other people celebrated other things on the same day and the President recognized it as he always does?

Those “Christians” ought to really examine their faith because a piece of paper really shouldn’t diminish the Easter experience of any true believer.

5 Likes

It doesn’t show respect to a religion to kowtow to them when they fall prey to their baser instincts.

Easter wasn’t canceled. Christianity wasn’t under attack.

Something else happened on the same day Christians celebrate their Savior’s Resurrection.

It happened once before 11 years ago. Christianity somehow survived it,

That those Christians didn’t like the something else that happened is immaterial.

People who don’t share their moral values are not required to walk on eggshells around them so they can feel “respected”.

And if such statements sound familiar to them, they should.

Because right wingers make those statements all the time about things people ask them to do that they don’t like.

PS assuming social continuity, this will happen again in 62 years. Maybe “Christians” should start preparing their outrage early.

1 Like

Isn’t it cute when libs still try to use scripture to guilt shame conservatives as if they were all Christians anymore.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t happen if more conservative evangelical Christians of today understood their own Scripture.

But actually, that is the way you’re supposed to debate people…within their own worldview to reveal internal inconsistencies.

1 Like

No but I would think the writer of the Gospel of Matthew would.

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Hint to get started…the people who complained that TDoV coincided with Easter this year and Biden recognized it…they are the Pharisees in this parable.

And please I hope anyone who wishes to debate this does not come at me with the standard objections that I am sure will be coming.

You should ascribe to be better than that.

1 Like

What sin?

1 Like

That’s right.

Ignore Ch1 of the book of Romans and just continue posting your verses out of context.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I celebrated Easter yesterday…Read the bible, said a prayer of thanks for the blessings we all enjoy.

The National Trans whatever day…No

I agree with Lisa Booth’s take on this stupidity.

“It’s a random day created by a random person out of Michigan. No president has even marked it as any, you know, any sort of proclamation until 2021. They could have observed it on any other day. Biden chose to observe it on Easter. I think it was with intention. It’s a thumb in the face of Christians and Easter,” co-host Lisa Booth said."

I keep reading “It’s always March 31…”. Maybe the random day created by the random person from Michigan could have been moved off of Easter just this once.

Anyway have a nice day,…

2 Likes

The country has been moving away from religion for a long time now I personally don’t think it’s good to be honest for the culture. I wish I could believe maybe I will someday, more of the Christian’s I run into seem happier than the people around me where I live.

You guys are just as likely to be debating a conservative from a blue city instead of someone in the Bible belt. We might lose every election, but we still pull around 30% to 35% of the vote a significant amount but not enough to win elections.

3 Likes

I’m on board with saying that Jesus would welcome the tranny into His Church. He wouldn’t welcome the trans agenda that pushes the degeneracy into the culture. He would tell the tranny, go and sin no more.

3 Likes

That’s key.

Libs are trying to tell you that if you oppose the agenda, you hate the person.

Every person in every church is a sinner, according to Christian teaching. That includes you, and me, and the adulterer, and the thief, and … everyone. Including those who promote things that violate teachings of the church.

That doesn’t mean Jesus would endorse or even tolerate the promotion of such violations. He tells us all, go and sin no more.

Libs, in conflating the individual with the agenda, miss that distinction.

2 Likes

Why? Easter is the holiday that changes dates every year.

It was bound to happen.

1 Like

A small sample.

3 Likes

What’s the sin?

1 Like