Guess it's only racists when the sign says no whites

Is it the American way?

If I were to use the word — and it got out in public I would probably be lambasted on social media, more than likely fired from my job, hell I’d probably make the national news.

Watching “The last OG” with Tracy Morgan – I lost count of how many times he and other black said the word in the series. He gets paid millions of dollars and is a star allowed to say it. I’m a white male and I’d be strung up in a second for saying it once.

Do you feel that’s unfair?

One person can say that word about other blacks and get millions and be a star for it?

One person says it and they would be evil.

You do the math.

Wonderful, thank you.

Do you think it’s right that one person can use a word against another and it’s all find and dandy and you can laugh it off while if another uses the word, in the same context they are called a bigot?

I don’t know why I’m not allowed to say all of the words to the songs on my spotify playlist when I have friends in the car. It seems unfair that I can only sing along when I’m driving by myself. I’m not racist. I just want to say words that have historically been used to oppress other people. Those words are in all of the best songs.

You mean like the rap artist who invited a white woman on stage, she sang the exact words of the song and suddenly no one liked her?

I know your doing satire, but doesn’t it make you wonder when if you have someone in the car with you, there is NO problem playing the song without singing. But if you sing along and say every word, YOU are the bad person and not the artist singing or the one that wrote it?

Yes, I actually do think it’s right. And fine and dandy.

So blacks can’t be racists and bigoted against themselves. Okay

You’re welcome!

Do you think you can simply say you think it’s unfair that you can’t say the n word?

When I was in the Army I started memorizing lyrics of popular rap songs so that I could sing for my friends when we spent countless hours doing nothing at the motorpool. It was dumb, but I was dumb back then, probably still am. I thought it was funny; not because I thought saying the n-word was funny, but because I was a tiny, skinny, white kid who knew a bunch of rap songs by heart. I thought I could get away with saying it because who would think I was racist? My best friend was black.

I’d advise younger me to do things differently.

Edit: I know I’m satire, but I also usually have a point, and I’m not afraid of mixing it up with some real talk. The trick is figuring out whats what.

Edit Edit: The rapper shouldn’t have brought the girl on stage, or apologized for putting her in that situation when things turned against her.

1 Like

I can’t even tell the funniest Richard Pryer Joke I know. Because of what he says it it. Funny as hell, but as a white boy if I tell it . . . I’m racist (and he was using it in that context that the word is racist).

Why would you want to use that word?

That’s…horrible. How does that make you feel, knowing you can’t say the n word even though you’re totally saying it in context and as part of a really funny joke?

1 Like

it’s his joke though and not yours, maybe it being funny to many is enough even if it’s inappropriate to retell it yourself. I get what you’re saying, especially the concert goer getting in trouble for singing the song. I tend not to listen to too much music where the lyrics aren’t suitable to repeating, every song isnt written with you singing along to it in mind too.

I actually don’t tell the joke. I tell what Pryer did on stage, what he had the audiance say, and the kicker of what Pyer said at the end.

I Can’t tell the joke like he did, but I use it in the same context he does.

Like clockwork… here we go again with this.

:joy::joy::joy:

No one is preventing you from walking in your nearest public place and yelling the N-word. However there may be consequences. Report back.

I’ll never get the left’s obsession with thinking they can social engineer a society. Sprinkle a little equality here take a little freedom from this group, kick this one in the back, elavate this one.

Your more likely to get an outcome more akin to former Yugoslavia than what you set out to achieve.

What is your alternative?

What would have moved the country away from slavery? Jim Crow?

Allowed Gay rights? Interracial marriage? Woman’s rights?