Guess it's only racists when the sign says no whites

How can this be legal.

A pastor holding a political meeting inside the church.

A sign that says black press only?

How in the hell can this be legal, and I want any Dem/Liberal to try and justify the sign.

Signs at the door said “Black Press Only!” The Savannah Morning News reports white reporters were denied entry,

https://www.cbs46.com/news/only-black-reporters-allowed-in-georgia-mayoral-race-event/article_8df6b8d6-cc2e-5725-8bf1-0f151fd93009.html?fbclid=IwAR1t36Qxr8yJX9ZlZRA0E2DBElw0bYbKiK5u6OdKRCk1LCjApyDb9kmoyIU

Oh and here is a story with pictures of the signs.

That’s not right.

On another note, why are tax exempt churches allowed to do this ■■■■■

Religious institutions, stay out of politics!

1 Like

Ding Ding Ding . . . we have a winner (twice from the same guest)

1 Like

I hope you feel the same way that tax exempt religious institutions should stay out of politics.

2 Likes

To reiterate, tax exempt religious institutions shouldn’t be involved in politics because it can lead to this ■■■■■

:wink: You were correct twice.

1 Like

If it went through the proper procurement, and freedom aviation got the contract fair and square, I have NO problems with that.

Just another day in loony land. Director Jordan Peele says “He doesn’t see himself casting a white dude in a lead role.

Not that I don’t like white dudes. But I’ve seen that movie."

According to THR, the comment was met with thunderous applause and “shouts of agreement” from the audience.

I can imagine someone like Spielberg coming out saying he doesn’t see him casting any black dudes as lead characters. I wonder if he would be met with thunderous applause? Or something else.

yup.

A white actor needs to apply for one of his leads, and when rejected sue his ass, and have this story and other comments from him as exhibits.

A stupid, racist statement.

Where’s the crying emoji

:cry:

A thread that is bringing us all together

sniff
sniff

I didn’t think it was possible.

2 Likes

Racist

I do not believe this ethically or Constitutionally justified.

But if I were a Trump fan focused religious liberty I would applaud the assertion of a sincere religious belief that leads them to not wanting to associate with white people. If such beliefs apply to homosexuals then they should apply to all sincere religious beliefs.

Church/Mayor thing: Bad idea, bad optics, bad faith, shouldn’t happen. Certainly bigoted. ‘Racism’ typically by definition has to be rooted in a position of power, not sure how it applies here, I’m not a linguist. It seems pretty racist in nature to me.

Jordan Peele thing: Hollywood has been massively lopsided and racist for decades. A black director really can’t be faulted for stating he hopes to use his platform to balance the scales. White dudes get more than enough parts. I got no problem with this one.

1 Like

Preach it brother.

1 Like

So you believe in racial hiring, and not the best person for the job? Really? I see it as he has opened up the door to a huge lawsuit down the line.

It is illegal for an employer to discriminate against a job applicant because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. For example, an employer may not refuse to give employment applications to people of a certain race.

An employer may not base hiring decisions on stereotypes and assumptions about a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

https://www.eeoc.gov/laws/practices/

he’d have been better off if he said that he doesn’t write leading roles/main characters as white men.

If he writes a part that is meant to represent the perspective of an African American man, he is within his rights to only hire someone with physical characteristics that represent that character as he envisioned it. Who cares? He worded it dumb in an interview off the cuff. It wasn’t a deposition.

I think that would fall under the same thing. I’m making it so even if they apply they can’t get the job.