Guess it's only racists when the sign says no whites

Correct. It’s left.

2 Likes

If an employer requires job applicants to take a test, the test must be necessary and related to the job and the employer may not exclude people of a particular race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, or individuals with disabilities. In addition, the employer may not use a test that excludes applicants age 40 or older if the test is not based on a reasonable factor other than age.

Screen test. For the most part they have to be color blind when doing it.

This should never happen… I mean mostly never happen…

That is racism, plain and simple.

Was the excusion based on race? Or Sex? Or age?

Nope, just religion…

Kind of tough if the role is Snow White. :slight_smile:

How many white reporters were turned away? The article didn’t say.

What religion was excluded?

I wouldn’t doubt hollywood doing a remake that she isn’t white.

That’s a projection.

Quotes in the article state otherwise.

Unless we are just pretending everything is equal and has always been so up until Peele it’s hard to see his comments and find them indefensible. Hollywood isn’t even settled on whether or not a woman can be the lead role in a movie, let alone a predominantly black cast. Having Peele just bluntly saying he’s not interested in having white leads for his movies…yeah i dunno. I see why he says that and feels that way. The mountain of Jack Ryan movies that get made, if you have the opportunity to give other people a chance that have been pushed aside for decades from hollywood i don’t think it’s justifiable to complain. People don’t like the SLIGHTEST hint that things might swing the other way, not even an inch. Look at the backlash on the internet when the Thor movie had a fictional side kick character be played by a black actor. Everyone is white and should be white that’s how it is, can’t change it.

And as i type this i see Snow making a comment about how you wouldn’t doubt hollywood doing a remake where Snow White isn’t white. This is exactly the point.

1 Like

Stupid and bigoted… but not racist.

I echo everyone else… why is a church holding political events? Let alone inside of a church?! Seems ridiculous

I dunno. If Peele is making movies about the black experience, I wouldn’t have a problem with it. It depends what sort of movies the guy makes.

We don’t know, they won’t release a list of who was invited…

Steve Martin in a movie growing up a “poor black man” yet being white

:smiley:

No they don’t.

^^^^^Says the guy who has worked in TV and Film for over twenty years^^^^^^

2 Likes

So they don’t have to comply (for the most part) with the EEOC regulation that the test has to be neutral to the protected classes?

Auditions for lead roles aren’t open to the public.

It is also an artistic endevour and hiring who one wants to tell the story that they want to is protected speech.

4 Likes

Good. Stay out.

2 Likes