Growing evidence that Wuhan coronavirus orginated in a lab

I mean quoting a news source that published a story from a dermatologist with a lapsed license who said we should have Voluntary Covid Infection groups.

Who can go wrong with a news source that publishes articles like that?

Some of you are losing it badly over this crisis.

Badly.

Prescribing certain drugs prevent you from getting certain illnesses

Thereā€™s no evidence for thatā€¦trials to look for that effect are planned but havenā€™t started yet.

Yes J there is actual evidence, the evidence is where it has been tried they had very good results.

So much for that self-proclaimed Insider expertise and knowledge tell us another one

What did I do wrong???

Give you a compliment and you kick me in the shins.

Calm the ā– ā– ā– ā–  down Bro. I am not ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  around with you. I am trying to be good. You are making it ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  difficult. Man, my shins smart.

1 Like

There is a doctor in New York who claims to have a 100% success rate in avoiding hospitalization in hundreds of cases among Hasidic Jews. The treatment uses hydroxychloroquine and zinc at the first sign of symptoms or as a preventative in high-risk people.

A possible factor to consider in evaluating the report is whether tests confirm that people really had COVID-19 or did they just have cases of flu or colds.

I beg to differ. If I caught/catch the virus I WL be raising my hand to try it. Itā€™s looking like there has been some success. When this is over we will looks back in this
ā€¦

@JayJay. You are so sure it will not work? I think you been listening to the idiot chief general from WHO .

No- I am not sure it wonā€™t work.

I have said this repeatedly.

What I have said is that there is no evidence yet it will be effective on a broad populationā€¦subtle genetic differences can lead to massively different results in different patients. Hence the need for broader trials.

Therefore it should not be pimped out as a miracle cure for everyone.

Optimism should be based on the truth. Trump pimps it out like this because he is desperate this pandemic be over and over on his timetable.

Use the drugsā€¦study themā€¦see if they offer broad-based efficacy.

But donā€™t strongly indicate that they WILL workā€¦thatā€™s being a snake oil salesman, not offering hope.

See the difference?

As long as your doctor follows the informed consent rules he can try whatever he likes off label. If youā€™re OK with that then who am I to tell you otherwise except good luck- I hope it works.

Thatā€™s the other thing Trump keeps pushing out that is false- and Iā€™m sure he does it to try and lend an air of scientific sanction on these drugs.

He keeps saying the FDA ā€œapproved off-label prescriptionā€ of these drugs.

That is utterly falseā€¦the FDA did no such thing because the FDA has NO REGULATORY POWER over what doctors do. They regulate what companies who sell medicines may or may not promote- they have no power over what doctors do.

Doctors could ALREADY prescribe these drugs off labelā€¦they can prescribe ANY drug off labelā€¦they just have to follow informed consent laws and open themselves up to legal action if something goes wrong when they use the drugs in a way not approved by the FDA.

The FDA approved nothing except their use in expedited clinical trials.

Just FYI I regularly take higher doses than normal of Vitamin C and when I feel like Iā€™m getting a cold I take Zicam Rapidmelts as a treatment.

Why? Because it works for me. It also works for my wife and a lot of friends I know who take it.

Itā€™s not FDA-approved to stop viral replicationā€¦there have been a few studies to show, but not enough to offer the conclusive proof it does.

But it works for me, so I take it. I havenā€™t had a cold in five years. When I got my mild flu earlier this year I took it and it cleared up in three days.

Iā€™ll take it again at the first signs of COVID.

But I would never get up in public and make the claim itā€™s going to work for everyone.

Saying "I feel good about it " is not strongly recommending it.

Which will more than likly determine that the drug works. I am still confused what you are arguing about.

Who said it works for everyone?

@JayJay. Eat your oranges take you zā€™s, drink plenty of water, get your beauty sleep. You will be fine unless you are not.

To make a dent in the current pandemic, the medicines have to work on a broad spectrum of the population.

And you donā€™t assume the answer before you know it.

The difference between hope and false hope is the truth.

Saying ā€œI feel good about it,ā€ isnā€™t s"trongly indicating it WILL work" for everyone.

1 Like

Please stop talking to me like I donā€™t know how rhetoric works.

Just because you think you know how rhetoric works, doesnā€™t mean you actually do.

1 Like

No- I know, but thanks for playing.

And I can see its effects just on these boards.

Congratulations! Thatā€™s the craziest Coronavirus conspiracy Iā€™ve heard yet.

Highly probable! :joy:

I think that there is good chance that Dr. Zelenko may be on the right track, but I donā€™t see enough information to say for sure. That was the point of my comment.

Further evaluation is necessary.