Great news from the CDC!

I’m not for a Covid passport but I sure ain’t taking the word of some rando in my face telling me he got vaccinated…

Not to mention the folks that don’t wear a mask tend to be the same folks that don’t believe in vaccines

1 Like

I am not quite sure what all the celebration is about. Yes, the CDC news is great. However at the same time the head of the CDC is warning that there is still plenty of room for a huge spike. And we still have a whole bunch of folks out there who will not get the vaccine and wear a mask. My fear is that those folks will continue to spread the virus and we could have situations where our hospitals get taxed again.
And as far as I have read the jury is still out on the variants and how well the vaccine is working against them.

I agree. But if you go in a Target or a Walmart or many other stores, especially large corporation stores, they as of yet show no sign of not requiring masks even if you have been vaccinated. And this is in Texas where the government cannot enforce any mask restrictions (though private stores can…and people could be charged with trespass if they were told to leave and didn’t).
IMO many will be wearing masks long after it makes good sense just based on how it has picked up a political connotation.
And a virtue connotation.
And an “I believe in science” even when the science says otherwise connotation.

Then we wear them forever, the coronavirus isn’t going away at best years to decades down the road it becomes less lethal. This is what viruses do mutate and we don’t have a good track record of eradicating them. I have only seen one person aggravated about wearing a mask in a private business but once vaccinated I am not going to go around like the Japanese the rest of my life, but will wear it in a private business if required.

For proof look at what’s happening in India, Brazil, and Europe. India just reported it’s highest death toll and France just shut down their whole country again it will just continue to mutate over and over and we will play cat and mouse with the vaccine.

wearing a mask does not prevent you getting covid, it prevents you spreading it.

I think people are being asked to wear a mask until most people are vaccinated. True that once fully vaccinated the risk seems low of spreading the disease, but it’s the people who haven’t been vaccinated that are the ones who will be spreading it that should really be wearing one.

Would you believe everybody not wearing a mask is vaccinated if they dropped the mandates right now?

Yes. Assuming people wouldn’t lie about being vaccinated so they can quit wearing a mask right now isn’t safe. Once the numbers of vaccinated people is up around 70% or so, it shouldn’t matter so much. Just a month or two more to be safe isn’t a huge request, is it?

yes, it is. your mental health is not my responsibility

4 Likes

Says the guy who’s been claiming this was over since March of 2020.

I am willing to wear a mask to prevent others from getting sick. I am not willing to wear a mask to prevent others from worrying about whether I would wear a mask if I was vaccinated or not.

3 Likes

Fair enough.

The crisis was over in May.

The group think and fear is an embarrassment.

I am able to just laugh at the collective…fortunately.

One example…every business that was forced to close should have been remunerated in real time.

Thankfully the vaccines are able to put an end to the collective freak out.

1 Like

The hundreds of thousands killed after May 2020 were a crisis averted, eh?

1 Like

We saved the hospitals.

You’d need a vaccine passport to go maskless, to show that you won’t infect others.

1 Like

Are you going to go up to people without mask and demand to see their passport?

Me, no. But business owners? Absolutely. Every single place I have been to in the last week required masks.

The efficacy of masks is much more about preventing one from spreading the virus not so much for protecting one from getting it.

1 Like

Jury seems to lean towards the vaccine protecting one from getting seriously ill from the variant strains.

They aren’t even checking now.