Great news from the CDC!

Where I live, we all wear masks in stores, restaurants, libraries, etc. Everyone.

Good for you.

Your Covid champion certificate will look great on a nice frame.

1 Like

I kind of like them. Hides my laugh lines. :rofl:

Everyone here just does their part.

Lol- and in addition, I have had a year without a single cough, sniffle, sore throat- nothing.
I am in no rush to ditch the masks in crowded situations, even though I have been fully vaccinated. This was a real life demo on how easily germs get passed around, and how to avoid them.

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1377633247010623490?s=20

I got pretty sick last year. First time in many, many years.

But do not forget, viruses mutate to survive. So, one day masks may not be the go to.

Before COVID, there were warnings about antibiotic resistance. That hasnā€™t gone away.

Hey, Iā€™m saving a ton on lipstick, too.

Except when I forget and put a mask on. My guy then gets my lipstick mask when he forgets his. Muwaaahhh haaaa.

1 Like

How would they mutate enough to circumvent a physical barrier?

Your eyes.

Ah true.

Sars Cov 2 can already build a viral load in the eyes.

@DMK @Tzu Yes, I thought so. But my previous point was this: I am fully vaccinated against Covid and the flu, but will continue to take precautions in crowds, like masking and careful handwashing when in crowded situations, like in a Broadway theater, or an airplane. Why? I have not had a single URI or sore throat since I started taking precautions.

Same.

Wifeā€™s ofc is keeping a flu season mask policy going forward, because least number of call outs on record.

1 Like

And this is not a political issue for me- I just enjoyed not being sick for a year.

1 Like

Wife, the same. Iā€™ve never had the flu, so I donā€™t get the significance, but they literally had zero flu cases in a practice with a hundred people on the floor, and everyone wants to keep that up.

Youā€™re learning.

1 Like

13 months.

1 Like

There we go.

I donā€™t think have I ever had the flu either, but maybe itā€™s because I have been taking the vaccine for 10 years, I do know that as a teacher, I have had 2-3 bad colds , coughs, sore throats each year. Kids come to school sick. Also, I often have an illness after flying. Iā€™d like to vaoid that, and now I know how.