Great news from California!

I would guess PA turnpike to 84 in Scranton. 84 into CT.

1 Like

You don’t save on tolls using the PA turnpike. They have very high tolls.

81/80/84. One 10 dollar toll. Did the drive 3 weeks ago.

Ok, you’re going way out of the way. You’re taking an extreme indirect path.

once again that has nothing to do with the subject of the OP. he said that liberals will suffer because of the tax hike in gasoline. they will not.

Allan

You’re picking nits. These fees are because you’re not paying gas tax. It’s to make up for the gas tax. At some point in the future you’ll be paying more than if you paid the gas tax, like in NJ. But you can say you’re not paying gas tax.

1 Like

nope. the registration hike was like four years ago. the gas tax right now.

Allan

One hour longer with good roads

One hour? Sometimes that’s worth it for a more pleasurable drive. But when I looked at how far west you were, I’m not so sure. Not a route I would take. But hey, I don’t pay these tolls.

A gas tax by any other name is just as much money. Your brother is paying the State for the privilege to drive his car on the roads even though he buys no gas. And as fewer and fewer people buy gas vehicles and more and more buy EVs, the price he pays for that privilege will go up and up. Sucker.

Allan is an absolutist. He believes because his brother buys no gas that he pays nothing to drive on the roads and highways. Libs are so easily deceived by their masters.

Come July first EV drivers will be paying more than people paying the gas tax in NJ. But hey, they don’t pay the gas tax. As long as they keep thinking that, the ski is the limit for EV tax.

1 Like

The EV registration is every year … it’s now, just like the gas tax.

CA Gas Prices to Increase 50-Cents Per Year with Clean Air Tax – KABC-AM.

California is doing something extra special. They are going to tax you out of your ICE vehicle.

1 Like

And when they do, they will tax people out of their EVs. Somebody has to pay to fix the roads.

The tinfoil hat crowd says it’s not getting you into EVs that they want. They don’t want you driving at all.

But now with this in place, why would you buy an ICE vehicle in California now? If every year the gallon is going up by 50 cents, it doesn’t make sense. By 2035 it would be at around 10 dollars a gallon. I guess they also don’t want any out of state traffic coming in either. No one is paying 10 bucks a gallon.

I remember a day when people said no one would pay $2 a gallon. :wink:

The smart decision would be to move out of state, as many have. You won’t have full control of any EV you own, with rolling blackouts and the state siphoning your battery whenever they choose.

1 Like

The expression “Rob Peter to pay Paul” comes to mind. :wink:

The EV push from Democrats has nothing to do with climate change, and everything to do with control.

5 Likes