Government shutdown. Does anybody really care?

As a past gov employee we didn’t care. We knew we were going to get paid in the end and we got some days off without having to take leave to do it.

Don’t let anyone ■■■■ you about how “distraught” the .gov employees are going to be.

I spit out my coffee when I read that.

I :heart: Federal Shutdowns

We need more of them.

Shut the government down Mr. President. Libs get angry when the government is shut down needlessly, so that’s a good enough reason for me. I can almost taste their tears now.

Me too. I bet we both hope this one lasts a year or two. Hell why don’t they just close it down for good right?

Bumping. Because it is funny

2 Likes

This OP is aging like a fine, vintage bucket of urine, left in the sun. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I never got this argument.

Bill collectors don’t want to wait for some nebulous time in the future for back pay to show up.

Neither will grocery stores or gas stations give up their products for free with an agreement to pay them back when the back pay shows up.

The same people who didn’t care are arguing that it is Pelosi’s and Schumer’s fault.

That should say something

I think people view everything through their own prism. Like they can’t imagine that a dude at his first ever job and new apartment would be working for the gov. Or a guy going thru a divorce. Or a guy going thru a bankruptcy. Or a guy going thru lung cancer treatments. Or a farmer needing a gov bailout. Or a million other situations.

Yeah… the argument that “they can’t survive having their income arbitrarily cut off so ■■■■ them” doesn’t age well.

most people in govt have very little to do… Most of the jobs are a form of very well paid welfare, if you ask me… Paid for by people working much harder and getting much less pay and benefits …

:rofl:

Nobody asked you, because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

In fact I bet the Trump admin is getting more stuff done without out all those dems hanging around doing nothing…

Once again compassionate conservative is on full display here.

Yeah… go with that.

Yes… Nancy could care less about govt workers. It’s only 5.7 billion.

To be fair… you don’t seem to care for them either.

this op is like a Melania Trump jacket come to life.

2 Likes

Imagine if people learned how little they depended on government or needed Democrats?

A small scale shutdown that the Left is portraying as a huge deal has all sorts of potential.