Gov Cuomo still mandating nursing-homes to admit even confirmed COVID-19 people

@WildRose. You are too logical. You knocked it out of the ballpark, Bro.

This is why providing you sources is a waste of time, you didn’t bother reading and you keep moving the bar.

The law and regulations barred them from refusing new admissions of CCPV patients which was the claim you said was false.

They were even barred from demanding a negative test for either readmissions or new admissions.

Insincere, duplicitous, disingenuous and a complete waste of time.

Go bother someone else, your shtick is old and tired.

:rofl:

That’s a whole lot of personal attacks just to avoid addressing my point. No one is impressed.

Have any nursing homes in NY been actually forced to admit a new resident who was positive with COVID?

Exactly…and you didn’t.

Yes, it is most probable and very logical to conclude that there are least a few infected covid-19 people who were already admitted into NY nursing homes since March 25th when this state mandate was re-circulated by state officials.

I just found another article dated April 25th on this very topic:

In it, Christina Peredo a 35 year old nurse, went to the NBC News with her families woes.

They ultimately pulled their 96-year old grandfather out of the Gurwin Jewish Nursing + Rehabilitation Center in Long Island.

Ms. Peredo was also quoted as saying “It’s reckless and careless” in reference to this state mandate.

And Stuart Almer, President and CEO of this nursing home offered this re: admits- covid-19 people:

"We can’t say for sure. And “But its certainly not helping the situation.”

Yet Mr. Almer was willing to be quoted here, probably understanding full well the consequences on the line for making any statement to the press could jeopardize their good standing with the State.

As it currently stands, nursing-homes can ultimately lose their licensing to stay in business if they do not follow the NY law here.

1 Like

No- he’s as much a hack as Trump is.

This nursing home thing looks bad…very bad.

1 Like

Trump is out of bounds suggesting medical theories, apparently, because he’s not a doctor, but Cuomo is a hero despite ordering medical regimes without his being a doctor. Go figure.

2 Likes

Who is calling Gov Cuomo a hero?

CNN

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/28/politics/andrew-cuomo-polls/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwj3se285IjpAhXy63MBHRBeD0EQFjAPegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw1UJMbUmfP3xrZO27ASxAra&ampcf=1

ABC

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/coronavirus-crisis-moment-andrew-cuomo-prepared-life/story%3Fid%3D69773592&ved=2ahUKEwi22dz95IjpAhW273MBHW3ZA2k4ChAWMAV6BAgBEAE&usg=AOvVaw2gm6SXupBwsQKdQsRvFErR

Actually Cuomo is a lot worse.

The State he governs was on the verge of bankruptcy before this pandemic.

All the while, three terms in office and Cuomo still collects a pay check and will receive a fat pension.

Why Cuomo requested COVID-19 hospitals beds that now are left in large part idle is illogical

Why not take better advantage of the Javats and the Comfort ship with these nursing home people?

Cuomo is an ■■■■■■■■

In this article:

Cuomo then ducked a question from The Post about why New York wasn’t following the lead of states including neighboring Connecticut, which set aside nine nursing homes exclusively for coronavirus patients. Similar efforts are underway in Massachusetts and Utah.

I think you mean background.

And if this is the case, the families of the deceased have a winnable lawsuit on their hands.

Edit - and I see you are correct. Three states were forced to do this.

Wow.

Cuomo and Deblasio are responsible for at least 90% of the misery and death this disease has caused in NYs and NYC.

Even well into March they were flat lying about the vulnerability of particularly NYC and encouraging people to blow it off and have a good time.

As a result it has cost the rest of us untold billions to ensure the state’s and city’s hospitals didn’t turn into mass tombs.

Worse, their irresponsible actions and words put a severe strain on federal resources overall endangering the citizens across the rest of the country.

BTW, it should be noted that even with a larger and older population Florida’s mortality is about 1/7th that of NYC’s.

DeSantis has done an outstanding job.

Yes I meant Background. Thanks for that.

Three states were forced to do what?

To be fair, the Chinese government is the root cause of this plaque spreading.

That being said, proactive measures on how to stop the spread is where these two politicians fail miserably.

Nursing homes residents deserve a lot better!

No wonder 8% of Florida residents came from New York per this article.

Looking bad is an understatement:

Poll Results are in.
cuomo poll results

3 Likes

Ex-Governor Pataki very critical of Cuomo too.

More trouble in upstate New York…

I’m not in any way nor will I ever dismiss China’s role in this.

They should be utterly crushed with sanctions, reparations, tariffs, embargoes, and anything else the rest of the world can do short of all out war.

Once it was here though it was the responsibility of each governor to protect their citizens and as the numbers show, along with their statements at the time they utterly failed in every way in many of these states.