Got My Permit Today

That varies from State to State. It should have been covered in your concealed carry class that you took to qualify for your permit.

Does Taurus still make a titanium Tracker?

So you’re cheap … what else is new? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

here in PA there is no class

I’ve been thinking about moving to one for carry for a while now.

1 Like

I just picked up a new Ruger LCP II chambered in .22LR.

Fun little gun. Doesn’t weigh anything and carries 10+1

I don’t have the grip strength that I used to. The slide is really easy to operate. My LCP chambered in .380 slide is a bear to rack.

1 Like

I’m thinking about it because I don’t wear hearing protection everywhere I go.

1 Like

^ and therein lies the primary reasoning behind my statement.

1 Like

Expecting everyone with a Permit to do their own research on the pertinent laws of the State is reckless. Alaska requires a two day permit class, a good portion of which is dedicated to familiarization with State law regarding concealed carry. The State also allows those who are not issued permits to conceal carry, but put the impetus of abiding with the law on the individual should they choose to avail themselves of that right. But if the State is going to issue a permit, they should be assured that the people that they issue them to are knowledgeable of the rules. It would be like issuing a driver’s license without the recipient proving they know the rules.

I know several people who carry .22 Magnums.

I have a Henry. Ammo can be hard to come by and expensive.

If you have to use it for protection, you won’t notice the noise.

I do. My auditory exclusion is limited. The damage still occurs either way.

I love that gun … actually all Henrys. That barrel length makes the .22 WMR a real tack driver. But you are right … the ammo cost per round is near that of 9mm and of course is not reloadable and can be hard to find in some locals.

i’m not sure i agree. it should not be difficult process

at least any harder than getting a driver license which is far far more dangerous.

regardless classes are a great idea

The truth is out there!

Noice. Now you just have to get your driver’s permit when you turn 16.

Something else you might want to consider is finding a gun shop with a range near you that rents firearms. Gives you an opportunity to try different calibers and platforms. They may even waive the rental fees if you purchase a firearm from them. Buy what you’ll be comfortable carrying and shooting.

If firearms near you are in short suply, give these guys a look. I have purchased several firearms through them after doing a lot of research. They will ship to an FFL near you. Their prices are pretty good.

How is it harder if you don’t even have to take a class?

You can lead a horse to the truth, but you can’t make him learn it. :wink: