GOPer gets death threats for voting on infrastructure

Nothing to disagree with. It’s fact with the opinion that it’s a terrible thing to do at the end.

Remember when some members of congress were complaining they were getting threats, said threats being people calling or writing to say they would no longer vote for them?

1 Like

k

1 Like

Riots aren’t peaceful. Nobody said the riots were peaceful.

The protests were peaceful.

Yeah…keep regurgibleating the nonsense you’re fed…even when you’re proven wrong.

From the article:

In CCC data collected from May 2020 to June 2021, 94% of protests involved no participant arrests, 97.9% involved no participant injuries, 98.6% involved no injuries to police, and 96.7% involved no property damage.

2 Likes

And and… lots of rioters were arrested.

1 Like

…and now…how many millions and millions and millions of dollars of damage were done during these protests you are now agreeing with were peaceful?

Oh yeah…I remember…the ones our current VP personally rallied bail for from the entire nation.

Criminal rioters and looters did billions of dollars in damage in Minneapolis alone, and they should all be held accountable. But that doesn’t change the fact that most of the protests and demonstrations in the city that summer were peaceful. I know this from personal experience in Minneapolis.

Comes with territory…

Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema received em too.

2 Likes

I live in the Marxist capital of the world (Portland) and I attended several completely peaceful marches.

It’s the same tactic they did with MLK- lump him in with the violent and militant wings of the civil rights movement.

1 Like

I generally agree. But I would guess these violent threats have been escalating. It would be interesting to see data on that.

Don’t like cash bail? Let’s do something about it

And?
Most people on Jan 6 were peacefully protesting in the mall. So?
Most people in the country were neither protesting on January 6 nor were they at any protests during the previous summer.

P.S. Most people who didn’t like the “infrastructure” bill didn’t threaten anybody.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what your point is. I’ve never advocated that everyone who attended the Jan. 6 rally be charged with crimes, just those few that perpetuated violence.

I guess I was wondering what your point was in pointing out that most people who protested weren’t arsonists or looter or rioters.

…and yet, the most violent one of them all, Michael Byrd…has been exonerated for shooting an unarmed, totally defenseless, female veteran…as she was climbing through a window and posing no threat to him what so ever.

1 Like

Not exonerated. That would only happen if found not guilty at a trial, like Rittenhouse. And murder does not have a statute of limitations.

1 Like

My point is that it’s accurate to say that most of the protests that summer were peaceful. I know this from personal experience and from studies like the one I cited. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t violence and that the people who perpetrated it shouldn’t be held accountable. They should. But don’t lump every peaceful protester, of which there were many, in with the rioters and looters.