GOPer gets death threats for voting on infrastructure

A GOP lawmaker said he received threatening voicemails after he voted in favor of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure bill.

Speaking to CNN anchor Anderson Cooper on November 9, Michigan GOP Rep. Fred Upton, who was one of the 13 GOP lawmakers who voted for the bipartisan $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill, said he had seen “civility really downslide” after his vote. Upton’s office shared one voicemail with CNN, which was played on “Anderson Cooper 360.”

“■■■■■■■ traitor. That’s what you are. You’re a ■■■■■■■ piece of ■■■■ traitor. I hope you die. I hope everybody in your ■■■■■■■ family dies,” said the unnamed caller in a voicemail left for Upton. The Michigan lawmaker’s office told CNN the voicemail was not an isolated incident.

“I hope everybody in your ■■■■■■■ staff dies,” the caller added.

Wow. that’s quite something.

It’s a shame we are so partisan and angry as a country.

Since there was no violence, maybe that call was another form of a “peaceful protest”?

1 Like

Making threats is not peaaceful.

…neither is burning, looting, destruction of property and violence…which was my point.

1 Like

While of course making threats like that is illegal and should be prosecuted, odds are, it’s not the first time he got them. Kind of a staple in public life at this point. Heck I got quite a few death threats as a nobody for making a few innocuous jokes on twitter. And if you don’t want anger, leave people and their kids the hell alone.

1 Like

Those are not peaceful acts either.

…and yet, so much of the MSM attempted to sheoplize the nation saying on national television…that it was.

No one called the riots “peaceful”

Lumping in all of the protests with the riots was the issue.

Definitely a very angry and unpleasant communication, but wishing you and yours an untimely death is not the same as making a threat. Make no mistake it is a terrible thing to do, but it isn’t making a threat to do anything.

1 Like

Do I have to go find the vid of flames in the background with mostly peaceful protest on the chiron?

Agreed!

Disagree.

“Mostly peaceful”

Riots aren’t peaceful. Demonstrations and marches are.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Watch the footage

Just my opinion but it seems to me a growing number of really stupid people have been manipulated into thought process that was considered to be insanity not too long ago.
Perhaps because of additives in baby formula?

2 Likes

huh?

No one has ever said the summer riots were peaceful protests.

Just mostly peaceful, right?

download.jpeg-3

2 Likes