GOP on Ukraine War

yes, as is russian aggression

by arming ukraine and letting them do it

Biden told them not to remain outside NATO and choose independence, but to fight Russia for the whole enchilada as a wannabe vassal state of NATO. Biden had channeled to much US taxpayer money to Zelenski to launder back to the DNC, minus Zelenski’s cut, for Zelenski to break his addiction to the gravy train

1 Like

What is it about Ukraine that has your overwhelming support?

I don’t get it. I wouldn’t give either country anything myself.

We have no vital interests in either country.

2 Likes

“Arming Ukraine” will stop China?

"Arming Ukraine will stop Russia from using nuclear weapons?

1 Like

Good points.

The only really vital interest that we have in Russia or Ukraine is to keep Russian ICBMs in their silos and away from American targets. The proxy war in Ukraine is greatly increasing the risk of escalating war with Russia and is working against our vital interests.

Who would benefit if Russia and the US got into full-scale war?

Here is the stark reality: there is a security gap in this country – a gap between the rhetoric of those who claim to be tough on national security, and the reality of growing insecurity caused by their decisions,

1 Like

Should the reverse logic hold true.

Can we invade a pro Russia territory or country, and should they do nothing because we might nuke them?

1 Like

There not invading a pro western country, to them they are going in their backyard or is in the old days of ten years ago it was called sphere of influence. Ukraine is not in America’s sphere of influence. Or as Obama said “Ukraine means more to Russia than it does the United States”.

1 Like

Russias motives are largely irrelevant and don’t change my question.

If Ukraine doesn’t want to be part of Russia and Russia is invading them by force and we’re supposed to believe that we cannot try to stop Russia because they have nukes, does the reverse hold true?

Can we invade whoever we like because we might nuke whoever tries to stop us?

1 Like

russia is a vital interest. denying that is just silly. their aggression in europe can not be allowed to stand. it wouldn’t matter who they invaded. i’m glad they picked the wrong country (for them).

certainly make them think twice about invading taiwan

maybe you missed it, they are using them, for blackmail

We can invade anyone we like without worrying about nuking someone to stop us. But I get your question and I think unfortunately that cat has been out of the bag since the cold war. Whoever has nuclear weapons there has to be a risk analysis - risk vs rewards argument laid out. This is why regardless of rhetoric they won’t try to take Crimea back it’s to risky.

And this isn’t some rogue country like NK but Russia we are talking about who as more nuclear ballistic missiles than any other country in the world. So the questions I would be asking is what threat are they to us? Which countries have they attacked since Putin came in and why? Have they attacked and article 5 country? Is having Ukraine in NATO going to make the west safer or less safe?

If you remember the details of the Cuban Missile Crisis the Soviets stood down and removed their nukes from Cuba in return that we take them out of Poland and Turkey. Now those same nuclear missiles are back in Turkey and Poland. I think as ■■■■■■ as Russia is they have more to fear from NATO expansion than NATO has of being attacked by Russia.

The world can see from their performance running out of fuel, leaving a 40 mile column of tanks towards Kiev that the thought of them rushing across the west is a cruel joke. If you were a Russian General the thought that NATO might park nuclear missiles after the war in Ukraine isn’t a fantasy. Russia invading NATO is a fantasy, we can see the emperor has no clothes, unfortunately he does have nukes.

How?

So your plan… isn’t working?

1 Like

Yes. And have.

what world were you living in that Poland was not behind the iron curtain in?

refusing to see does not negate the reality of it

its working just fine, they haven’t used them, won’t use them, and nobody takes them seriously except the clowns with their hair on fire rooting for Putin

the only thing they have to fear from countries applying for and being accepted into nato is that they won’t be able to invade them

I’m not refusing, I’m asking.

How do you know they won’t use them?

People who disagree with you are “clowns with their hair on fire rooting for Putin”? That’s the only possible explanation?

2 Likes

That’s an ignorant post, deviod of any semblance of geopolitical knowledge or morality whatsoever.