Good News? September 2019 Jobs Report

I disagree. With the unemployment rate at the lowest in 50 years, I believe that a lot of the individuals in this country illegally should be given amnesty. At least the individuals under DACA should continue to legally work and stay here. Eliminating DACA like Trump is trying to do will be harmful for the economy.

“Eliminating DACA will inflict serious harm on U.S. companies, all workers, and the American economy as a whole,” the firms wrote. “Companies will lose valued employees. Workers will lose employers and co-workers.”

The companies said ending the program could slice up to $460.3 billion from the national GDP over the next decade, and reduce tax revenue by $90 billion. Replacing protected workers will cost businesses $6.3 billion, they said.

The Chamber of Commerce, the National Association of Manufacturers, and the National Retail Foundation also signed onto the filing. The brief comes as the global economy shows signs of slowing, even as U.S. unemployment is at a historic low.

Disagree all you want. The fact remains that the surplus of labor artificially created by their presence drives down wages by inflating the labor pool.

Now what possible motive could companies have for making such claims?

I’ll bring the DP’s if you bring the popcorn.

Rates started rising before Trump was elected. You are WRONG.

You said there was no infation:. WRONG

You claim knowledge of the feds thoughts. You have nothing to back that up. You claim things you dont know.

1 Like

I’m not wroing in either case.

I never stated there were no rate increases under Obama and I never said there was “no inflation”.

The fact is the inflation they feared never materialized and they eventually started dropping rates again as the posted links show.

Yeah, you didn’t say that.

1 Like

For the record.

Read slowly.

Any questions?

Yeah, when you said there was “no inflation”.

We can’t know the exact numbers for illegal immigration but this is interesting:

https://ichef-bbci-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/695/cpsprodpb/839F/production/_105659633_border-nc.png

“No inflation”

This has nothing to do with our discussion.

It’s 2019 and they were averaging over 80,000 apprehensions monthly through the summer because of the crisis on the border.

No inflation? It’s right there. You were wrong.

Great you can cut and paste.

Yes, there was “some inflation” but the inflation they feared would result from the economy heating up never materialized.

The deficit didn’t increase substantially in 2018?

The increased inflation the Fed feared as GDP increased never materialized, the rate hikes were premature, unnecessary and served only to limit growth.

Inflation has remained essentially flat since Trump took office.

So there was inflation? Not “no inflation”?

1 Like

Can you not read?

> Yes, there was “some inflation”

Go bother someone else with your petty crap.