Good News? Monthly Jobs Report-August

Hey look another con ignoring, what are now, $1trillion+ deficits.

Good sheeple

I’ve lost track of the items I’ve called him out on and then he refuses to address.

1 Like

Hurrah America!

Likewise.

One of my favorites was when he pushed a fake quote of Soros bragging about turning in Jews to Nazis.

Deleted. Wrong person.

We have never imported any significant portion of shingles or tar paper other than cedar shakes from Canada with whom we have no trade war.

This story smells.

I think you missed the part where i said I was going to replace the shingle and rubber with metal.

Both of which are produced in the US.

And what happened to the price of steel due to the trade war?

Not much.

It’s up about 10-12%.

And at the time I was replacing the roof, the tariffs were only a few months only, and again multiple contractors (here in the south, none of those sissy lib contractors) told me it was going to be FAR more expensive, directly due to the tariffs.

Hell, you even see some contractors talking about the prices on their sites now so people are aware of what they’re getting themselves into when they want steel buildings, roofs, etc.

I just provided you the steel prices, I don’t really care what else you have to offer.

There was a slight increase, nothing remotely close to what you were claiming.

You don’t have to like it, or acknowledge it, but it’s what happened, and those are the prices I was quoted a year ago.

Then allow me to offer the following:

The facts show your claim to be ridiculously inflated at best, whatever else you have to say on the subject is irrelevant.

The claim wasn’t just false, it was ridiculously false.

I didn’t replace my roof this month, from which your prices were cited. Whoops!

Reading is essential:

The prices I provided you were for a 12 month period.

How do those prices compare to before the trade war started? And how do those prices reflect the cost that is eventually passed onto the consumer?

Anyway, we can all see this is going to be a colossal waste of time because no one has the time to sit and parse dictionary definitions for the next 12 hours. So please, have the final word!

There were no tariffs put on Chinese steel until late 2018 and we only get about 5% of our steel from china to begin with so even a 100% tariff would have had little effect. China offset the tariffs by manipulating their currency anyhow.

Inflation remains essentially flat in spite of the"trade war".

I remember someone earlier this year saying they werent building a new shed because of the tarriffs and steel proces. So, one again, Rose is wrong