Good News? Monthly Jobs Report-August

You’ve gone from “Trump never promised this” to “I didn’t believe it when Trump promised this” in about 2 posts. It’s like whack-a-mole.

2 Likes

I’ll go ahead and handle the response.

“But the UE rate…”

I suspect 2.5 million jobs per year would have a pretty significant influence on the UE rate. I’m no statistician/mathematician, however, so I’ll gladly be fact-checked.

God I’ve missed these “mattress tag” minutiae arguments.

3 Likes

Gotta luv mattress tag!

That was a hilarious night for most of us.

I completely forgot it was on the new board. Thanks guys

I haven’t shifted anything. The discussion was about the UE rate.

So what impact do you suppose 2.5 million jobs/per would have on the UE?

I’d love to see all those posts you quoted/paraphrased from. Please tell me you have some proof.

That would depend on the availability of labor and how many people not counted in the number went back to work.

You aren’t counted in the UE rate calculations unless you are actively seeking employment so it is an unkown and unknowable.

See the great part was the many posts explaining how he never said that cutting a mattress tag was illegal.

Its not hard to understand why the Democrats who posted about the economy thinks its terrible. Tie that in with the poll showing many would rather have a recession than another four years of Trump, and you have your answer. Just apply common sense.

1 Like

It should also be noted that Black UE has hit another all time low and the gap between white and black employment is also at a historical low.

So what you’re telling me is you have zero proof of “all the posts” where people hoped for a recession.

Action speaks louder then words. And libs actions speak for themselves.

No, its obvious to anyone that this is their great economic hope. That’s why all of a sudden they care about the economy. They picked it up from some media.

Whatever, man. It should be easy for you to show proof of “all the posts” where people hope for a recession. You made the claim, back it up.

What a boring, predictable, and deflecting response. OF COURSE!

So you can’t even begin to fathom that 2.5 million jobs per year over the next 2/6 years would lower the UE rate.

He’d have to surpass the dotcom boom in raw numbers by a lot.

Conservatives can’t honestly sit here and talk about UE rates, especially in support of a president who rejected the official number while Obama was in office, and only started accepting the way we measure it AFTER he became president.

2 Likes

I did. You didn’t like it. I understand.

No you didn’t. Should be easy with “all the posts” you mentioned.