God and the Devil

No, it’s not. I’m curious how believers deal with this question.

A period of darkness, a period of light, one day. Times 6.
There wasn’t much of a problem until science said it took longer.

I don’t know, that’s why I asked. After several weeks I do not believe you are curious about how believers think. Because of my lack of belief in your interest, I find I have no interest in pursuing this with you. On to things I do have an interest in! I do wish you peace and joy in your life and endeavors.

You have already proven you will believe what you want to. Your choice. I truly am curious as why people believe in something that defies even the most basic logical questions. Again that is your choice. I will continue to ask questions and be curious.

I do wish you happiness and good life.

I think it’s more like you havent convinced anybody and fail to directly answer the hard questions. So you shout “hate!” and bow out.

Go away you pesky fly!

Why would God cause a Hurricane and then save a few people? Why not make the hurricane take a giant U turn and go back out to sea?

Or is this caused by the Devil? Then my original question comes into play.

Maybe God is trying to send the message that people shouldn’t live in those areas. His ways are not our ways. Maybe God is mad at us for legalizing gay marriage. Maybe God likes to see us suffer.

Why doesn’t He just tell us this is His message?

Maybe He’s sadistic?

Looks that way, doesn’t it?

Orrrrrrrrrrrr…He’s a myth?

Nothing wrong with myths. There’s a lot of power in them.

Are you gong to watch American God’s season 2?

Sorry, I don’t get that show.

It’s worth it to find a link online.

The book was brilliant.

A pilot said he heard the voice of God in his heart, urging him to take off early. He did so, and he and his passengers were saved from the Tsunami that hit, killing the air traffic controller that permitted the early take-off.

1. Why didn’t God save everyone?
  2. Why did God save some?
  3. Why did God speak to one person?
  4. For those who do not believe in God, what explanation do you offer for what the pilot heard that prompted him to pursue the early take-off?

A pilot said he heard the voice of God in his heart, urging him to take off early. He did so, and he and his passengers were saved from the Tsunami that hit, killing the air traffic controller that permitted the early take-off.

Good luck happens from time to time.

1. Why didn’t God save everyone?

Good question. One would really have to ask that question if the ATC was a God fearing Christian, now wouldn’t they?

1. Why did God save some?

Again, that question is no different than the first you asked, just from a different perspective.

1. Why did God speak to one person?

Well, now we are getting into some deep water here. Depending on who you ask, he didn’t. All we have to go on is the word of the pilot. Should we take him at face value, it becomes a virtually unanswerable question anyway, as the only way to dispute it is to call him a liar, and I’m not prone to be that way about things.

1. For those who do not believe in God, what explanation do you offer for what the pilot heard that prompted him to pursue the early take-off?

I could easily explain it by claiming that based on his experience, he recognized the situation for what it was, which was a bad situation. Believers call it the voice of God…others call it simple intuition. Experience is a good teacher most of the time.

1 Like

Well you’ll never know for the people who died because they’re dead. So the only people you hear that God saved their lives after prayer or being spoken to, are well, not dead.

Yet it was a feeling he had been having earlier in the day.

Other than the voice, what other signs did he have to go by that an earthquake at another location was imminent?

What does that have to do with anything? Its not like the earthquake just showed up an hour before takeoff or something. The fact that it was ongoing, or at least starting to cause problems by the time he made his request does nothing but reinforce my original point…that in his experience, things were getting bad and it might behoove them toe take off earlier than later.