God and the Devil

You believe that God could have stopped Hitler if He wanted to?

Yet you howl at the idea of God using the flood to rid the world of the evil of Noah’s time.

God created Hitler knowing the future.

1 Like

And yet left the most evil things… Odd.

How evil were all those animals?

Could you present the scripture that says God knows the future? The only passage I know of specifically states that God knows the beginning and the end of His own plans and that nothing will stand in the way from those plans reaching completion. I know of no scripture that claims God knows what I will have for lunch a week from next Thursday.

God doesn’t know the future?

As I said before: I do not know God’s relationship with the universe, and I do not know God’s relationship with anyone other than His relationship with me.

You, on the other hand, seem absolutely certain of what God is doing/should be doing in any given place at any given time. What is the source of your certainty?

1 Like

Which evil did He leave?

Those devil guys.

You tell me. I presented the scripture that says He knows His own plans from beginning to end. What I am absolutely certain of is that nothing I do will prevent God from carrying out His own plans.

You are certain He could have stopped Hilter and chose not to?

What devil guys? You have yet to cite scripture.

Not what I said. I said God’s relationship with Hitler is outside my range of knowledge.

All of them. Are you claiming God didn’t leave them while murdering everybody else but a handful of people?

Again, leave who? I need the scripture that you are referencing.

You are running away…

Not. I am right here, waiting for the scriptures you wish to discuss. You don’t seem to be getting any closer to providing them. :wink:

Keep in mind, you said you wanted to know how people of faith think. So give me the scripture. Alternately, you can say you want to discuss your thoughts on how devils came to be and why you believe God must be responsible for them.

Giving you the scripture number of a book won’t make any difference and you know it. You know what I’m asking and don’t want to answer so you have come up with this smoke screen.

That’s fine. Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

So god isn’t omniscient?

Actually, the smoke screen is all yours. I have offered to explain the Bible’s use of Satan, Devil, and Fallen Angels. We have discussed evil. Evil, you said, wasn’t within you. In your discussion, evil was always somewhere else. When asked if the people themselves are responsible for the evils they commit, you seem to indicate that you believe any evil comes from God…except…you don’t believe in God, so how can you say it comes from Him? If you want to know what people of faith believe about evil, I have explained. Anything can be used for good or for evil. Most people of faith believe any evil is of our own doing, through our own fault.

Further, how many people of faith think, is that we cannot know God or all that He is or all of His purposes. We will attempt to address them without outsiders such as yourself, but your belief in a God you do not believe exists is that He is an awful being. Then you cite scripture that you don’t even attempt to study or to understand. What people of faith know of God is that He is willing to work within each one of us, that He cares about us and our struggles, whether those struggles be great or small.

We start with God is love. And He is. You start with your own idea, your own creation of God, that He is cruel and evil. Then you want to discuss your god, pretending that your god is God and that a twisted interpretation of any Biblical story is the “real” truth. So the predictable happens. Discussions always seem to end up at cross purposes.

I would love to explain each Biblical instance of Satan, Devil, Fallen Angels–and even Demons. You won’t have anything to do with that. Heaven forbid that you might learn something real about what people of faith actually believe and what the Bible truly teaches.

Are you sure you want to know how people of faith think?