God and the Devil

Why?

(10 characters)

Not me but if evil exists, He created it.

Because He wouldn’t be a fairy tale anymore.

1 Like

Evil doesn’t exist in you? Who does evil exist in, then? For example, let’s consider Jeffry Dahmer and Hitler. Do you believer their actions were prompted by an evil God deliberately placed within them? Do you believer that neither Hitler nor Dahmer are to blame for how they acted–all of it is God’s doing?

Perhaps the truth would be closer if you were to say, “Because then I wouldn’t regard Him as a fairy tale anymore.” ?

Here is the deal: I don’t know God’s relationship with the universe–can’t comprehend it. Nor can I know God’s relationship with you or anyone else. What I can discern is the relationship I have with God–which has nothing to do with His relationship with the universe or with any other person. In other words, I have limitations–yet those limitations don’t limit my relationship with God.

God put them there. He knew what was going to happen. He didn’t stop it.

1 Like

There is the same evidence of God as there is for Santa Claus. Believe what you want. Whatever gets you through.

Then your belief is that Dahmer nor Hitler had any choice but to act as they did? Likewise, you have no choice but to act as you do?

My belief is that no God had anything to do with it.

Then no belief gets you through?

I take note of one line in scripture: Blessed are those who have not seen, yet believe. I do not need to rely on faith, therefore that blessing is not mine. Yet my assurance that God indeed exists, has zero impact on you because your choice is not to believe, not matter how many people testify that God Is. Is it true you need your lack of belief to get you through? Or, is that a projection you place on others?

So what do you believe about evil? When afflicted with evil, does a person have a way out, or must they do the evil that is within them–it’s just all due to the luck of the draw?

The better question is, Why do you propose that people of faith must blame God for evil?

You’re the one claiming a supernatural being exists. Now, how about that Devil?

1 Like

He created everything. Including the Devil. Seems an odd thing to do for kind God.

1 Like

What devil? Which scripture are you referencing?

The evil guy God could get rid of He wants but won’t do it for some reason.

You tell me which book is the real one.

Then you are saying that God is responsible for every evil every person has done, is doing, or will do. We have no say in the matter. God is pulling all the strings, and we just dance? Is that what you believe that people of faith believe? All evil ever done is the work of God? People are just His personal tools?

He could have let Hitler into art school and nobody would have been the wiser.

1 Like

If you have been reading along, then you will remember I have already discussed Ha-Satan (adversary, Old Testament); Devil (slanderer of New Testament); Fallen Angels, once good servants of God who rebelled (Revelation). Keep in mind that scripture uses both “Ha-Satan” (Adversary) and “Devil” in reference to human beings as well. It seems to me you want “Satan” and “Devil” to mean what you want them to mean. That is why I am asking you to give me a reference to scripture so that we can study what that particular scripture intended its audience to understand.

OK, those guys. He could get rid of them and won’t. Why not?

You believe it is all God’s doing that Hitler did not go to art school?