Go Woke, Go Broke/Woke Alerts:

Then they will never watch any Disney.

No one cared when literally every single Disney villain is queer coded.

1 Like

Disney is now out trying to destroy another classic franchise. They have taken over Doctor Who. In their first episode, they brought back David Tennant, a classic Dr Who. He is lectured on the inferiority of males and taught the importance of use of the right pronouns. In the second episode, he has the hots for a race swapped Newton.
Disney claims they are making Doctor Who appealing to the global market. Let’s see how Rotten Tomatoes evaluates this.

Classic Dr Who Episodes (1963-1989)
Critics. +68
Audience +78

Disney Dr Who Episode
Critics +92
Audience +43

Btw…this is the easiest way to spot a woke message production. A huge gap between the critics and the audience. I have recently read where some critics want RT to stop showing audience evaluations.

1 Like

Dr Who is distributed internationally through Disney+.

It is made by a company who is a subsidiary of Sony and is run by Russel Davies… the guy who did the majority of the Doctor Who series since it came back.

Disney has insisted that they incorporate Disney’s woke content in the new episodes. Don’t gaslight me.

What woke content has been incorporated into Dr who episodes in let says the first ten seasons of the new dr who?

Some more gaslight for you

1 Like

Tomatometer: 57%
Audience score: 99%

4 Likes

I have my doubts.

It was all Russel Davies.

Thank you for making my point. The classical Doctor who was very popular.
Season 9 ended in 2015.
Disney bought a partnership in 2022.
Now do for the episodes since Disney became involved.

You’re not making a good point. Audience scores are useless. You think Disney is evil, so you and all your friends can go in and review bomb episodes you don’t like. Then you can go online and point to the low scores to make internet political points. Fun!

The Jodie Whitaker seasons aren’t that great either. It’s a shame… she is a really good actress and deserved better writing.

And do you have evidence of this being so? In actuality, the failing ratings of the recent Dr Who verifies the accuracy of the audience evaluation and destroys the critics evaluation.
Being a critic doesn’t verify accuracy, just that you were hired by legacy woke media.

1 Like

Of course. Several examples have already been posted. Unless you think that 99% audience score for Sound of Freedom is based on the merits of the movie and not politically motivated. :smiley:

No, it doesn’t verify or destroy anything. The falling ratings could be because the campaign to label Dr. Who “woke” is working, and many won’t watch it for that reason.

If you actually look at who’s reviewing things on RT, you’ll see that some are legacy media, others aren’t. But you’re right that critics aren’t “accurate,” they’re expressing opinions.

Your post was about 1989

That everything post 1989 was Disney fault .

If wasn’t your point then sure.

Yeah as to bad writing and terrible plot lines. Like they have ruined star wars cannon.

Why does it always have to be about your collective culture war?

Neither critics or audience evaluations are “proof” of the quality of the movies. That, I suppose, is why both critics and audience can write the basis for their evaluation. If you don’t trust the numbers, read the individual write ups and ignore the total ratings. I can not see why one would be more concerned about audience biases than they would be about critic’s biases.
I believe that usually (always?) RTs provides a total audience rating and one an audience rating for those verified as having actually seen the movie (don’t know how they verify it).

They seem to go together. Perhaps they run off the real talent?
This is an issue. If you don’t think it is, ignore it. Like Disney.

Right, agreed. That’s why this doesn’t make sense:

Both audience and critic scores are just people expressing their opinions.

Since when has Doctor Who ignored current events and cultural commentary?

Nope. It’s just that when I searched up Doctor who RTs had it broken out by those categories. It didn’t break out the pre Disney Doctor Who of David Tennant, which was one of my favorites. I went with the categories most easily available.

1 Like